• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Shock 2

Burning Software: None
    Anti-Virus: AVG Free v9.0
    Daemon Tools Lite: v4.35.6

Hello,
    I knew about DT for a long time but never tried using it. I'll be getting "System Shock 2" (used) soon and would like to know how to set it up so I won't need the CD to play.

I'd also like to get "Clive Barker's Undying" working.

The system that I'm on doesn't have burning software, I had Nero 7 but the CD key was lost, making it useless. I'm looking for a free alternative that will allow me to create an image of the disk.

You have to create an image with correct profile (either check our Game Database for protection or use a protection scanner like Protection ID) in DT Pro (DT Lite can't read DPM etc.).
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Okay, I checked the Game Database and found SS2 but not Undying. SS2 uses SafeDisc v1.11, how do I go about making an image of the disc?. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Creating a disc image | DAEMON Pro Help

At profile select SafeDisc.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

But I don't have DT Pro, just Lite. What other program do you recommend I use to create an image file?. I'd really appreciate if someone would give me their recommendations of free programs I could use. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zeolites View Post
            I checked the Game Database and found SS2 but not Undying.
            Search under letter 'C'

What other program do you recommend I use to create an image file?
            Just for once - as it's a partner of DT Soft: Alcohol 52% FE
            For further questions please visit the Alcohol Soft forum.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Oops!, my mistake, I should have checked under 'C'.

Clive Barker's Undying - SafeDisc v2.10.030

Comment

I'll probably end up buying DAEMON Tools Pro Standard in the near future. Do you get nagged after your year of free updates are up?. I can still use it without problems, correct?.

I was checking out Mount'n'Drive Manager for a list of supported images. I was disappointed to see that '.cif' isn't supported. I've got Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum (not installed on this computer though-not yet) and it creates images in this format.

Comment

I recommend DT Pro Advanced due to vIDE. *cough* SecuROM *cough* emulator

It is not nagging if automatic updates are disabled.
                  Last edited by Blazkowicz; 05.09.2010, 22:02.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

I was disappointed to see that '.cif' isn't supported. I've got Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum (not installed on this computer though-not yet) and it creates images in this format.
                    When creating a CD Hard Disc Image in ECDC 5 you can choose ISO in the dropdown box instead of the uncommon CIF format. Also please note that the upper/lower filter drivers by Roxio are known to be problematic
                    If you're going to install ECDC 5 please choose 'Custom Setup' and uncheck DirectCD (packet writing software) - another culprit for many issues.

Keep in mind there are many free pre-mastering alternatives like e.g. CDBurnerXP, Starburn, BurnAware Free Edition and last but not least ImgBurn.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                      If you're going to install ECDC 5 please choose 'Custom Setup' and uncheck DirectCD (packet writing software) - another culprit for many issues.
                      Thanks, I'm aware it causes problems, when I installed it I unchecked Take Two and Label Creator also.

I've been thinking about games spanned across several disks-such as Diablo II. How do I go about installing and using them with DT?.

Comment

When you're prompted to insert the next disc just mount the image of that very disc
                        OR create as much virtual drives as the number of discs and mount all discs at once (doesn't always work).
                        If there's no label on the disc the application will tell you which one is the PLAY disc.

In the case of Diablo II you don't need a disc to play since Patch 1.12 (If all required Diablo 2 '.MPQ' files are installed on the hard drive, the game will no longer require the CD to play).

Regarding your old Safedisc titles:
                        make sure you install them from the same drive letter you want to launch them from.
                        They're mostly 'hotwired' to a drive letter.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the tips!.

Comment

Another thing, a game like Medal of Honor Allied Assault which has two expansion packs-Spearhead and Breakthrough, all install into the same directory as MoHAA. So I would fist create an image of Allied Assault, then mount the image and install it from there. Then, demount the current image and do the same for the two expansions all using the same drive letter?. Or, do I use a separate drive letter for each?.

Comment

It depends on the game: Most games only need the disk of the latest installed expansion pack in a drive.
                              So install normally, remove your disk and try to see what disk the game wants.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X