Mount an iso from explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount an iso from explorer

This problem seems to be reported time and time again but gets harder and harder to fix,
    Just what do you have to do to be able to get daemon tools to mount an iso file from within windows explorer using a 'double click' ?
    I've installed dtlite v 4.35.6.0091 , on Win7x64. I've already assocated iso image with daemontools , also have iso checked in preferences\images , I've got autostart and automount ticked.
    But when when you double click the iso image all I get is "error in command line" ?

And the path to your image file is?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

not sure what that has to do with it if I'm launching it from within explorer with a double click , since the whole path would be passed via the %1 parameter. But to answer your question the path to the image is :
      c:\movie\the lookout.iso
      ( i also get exactly the same error message when trying to launch an iso without a space in the name )
      and the path to the executable is:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

Comment

I think i've found a fix for this , you have to edit the registry key : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\DTLite.exe\shell\op en\command
        to include a reference to the mount command as follows:
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0, "%1"

Comment

Sadly not reproducable here.
          Other images are working?

EDIT: Your solution may work, but "-shellmount "%1"" is correct here.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

good to know , originally my registry entry had no arguments other than "%1".
            Also you probably want to document the existance of -shellmount somewhere , if you go to the command line and do dtlite.exe /help , it is not listed as an available argument.

Comment

Working...
            X