Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VDS Basic Provider

Hi,
    I have Windows 7 x64 and Daemon Tools Lite.
    When I open Computer Management after it loads my drives if I open any other option my PC window starts flashing on and off in strobelight speed. Event viewer shows this as an VDS Basic Provider error and Windows TechNet seems to think is a problem with Daemon Tools.
    I have tried a variety of settings for the VDS service but it will not stop or start properly with Computer Manager open.
    It is often preceeded with a Service Control Manager error that says:
    The Virtual Disk service terminated unexpectedly. Appreciate any help. Fredrock

AFAIK this is a known Windows issue/bug that occurs with any virtual drive software - not only with DAEMON Tools.
    What's the exact VDS Basic Provider error code in Event viewer ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

VDS Basic Provider
      Unexpected failure. Error code: 490@01010004

It is sometimes followed by this one.
      Service Control Manager
      The Virtual Disk service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Comment

According to MS this event can be safely ignored:
        VDS Basic Provider event ID 1 is logged on a Hyper-V guest operating system
        Last edited by Terramex; 11.09.2010, 10:50.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
        X