Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

What game profile do I use for Shogo: MAD when I create an image of the CD?. I have an updated disc using the latest version-2.2.

I have a No-CD for the game but without the CD I can't hear the in-game music which adds to the atmosphere.

Scan the game folder with Protection ID and then you will know.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Okay, thank you. I'll be getting DT Standard tomorrow.

Comment

It's a looong time ago, but if iirc (and if there are no other versions using a different copy protection) the game has a simple disc check. So it should work mounting a plain ISO in DAEMON Tools lite - no special settings/profile needed.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I purchased DT Pro Standard today, can you give me a safe link to Protection ID please?.

When I create an image of the game should I just use ISO output?.

Comment

Generally it's recommended to use DAEMON Tools' proprietary formats mds or mdx.
            But iirc even a plain ISO should work with Shogo.

Protection iD link: Protection ID
            Last edited by Terramex; 13.09.2010, 23:34.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the link. What's the difference between MDX and MDS exactly?. Why would I use one over the other?. BTW, I read and printed out the Glossary.

Comment

Originally Posted by Zeolites View Post
                What's the difference between MDX and MDS exactly?
                MDX format is aimed to make it easier to store disc images. It's more convenient to have one MDX image instead of two MDS and MDF files.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. ProtectionID is completely safe right?, it doesn't steal CD keys/Serials or anything?.

Comment

totally safe, im one of the developers, so you can trust me
                    it only goes online when you tell it to update.. there's no other traffic.. it just scans a file / folder / cd / dvd and reports the protection found (if any), which then allows you to figure out which image format / setting to use..
                    my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Okay, thank you. Protection can mostly be found in the main program executable right?.

Comment

I'm about to create an image of Shogo. Protection ID turned up nothing, so do I just use the "Data Disc" profile?.

Should I set the DVD-RW drive to a lower read speed than maximum?.

Comment

I created the image okay, my drive maximum drive read speed is 40x, I used 16x to create the image. The MDX image was created successfully.

I mounted the image using [SCSI_0] (E, it launched the setup.exe for Shogo. I installed the game to "C:\Games\Shogo", then restarted the system. I opened the Shogo shortcut and launched the game. A message pops up saying I don't have the Shogo CD in the drive. Was I suppose to install to E: instead of C:?.

I notice that virtual drive E: contains no media. Do I have to re-mount the image?, won't that launch the setup.exe again?.

Take it easy on me, this is the first time doing this.
                          Last edited by Zeolites; 15.09.2010, 07:17.

Comment

Yes, you have to remount.
                            You may want to enable Automount, then the image is automatically mounted if you restart your system.

http://daemonpro-help.com/en/general_use/preferences.html

Comment

Yep, had to re-mount, I tried it after-wards. The game works fine but I don't hear the in-game music. As I mentioned before, I used the Data Disc profile. The whole reason I wanted to mount Shogo with DT Pro Standard, was to be able to hear the level music without the CD. Shouldn't I have used Mixed Mode CD instead since it contains audio and data?.

Should I unmount a drive before restarting or shutting down the computer?. What about when I install other programs, should I unmount all drives and exit DT Pro Agent?. I always make sure to close all programs and user processes prior to installing things.

Should I have had RMPS in Preferences\Advanced since I used an MDX image?. Should I be concerned that I didn't have it enabled while creating the image?.

The next game I'll be creating an image for is Quake 2. The game doesn't need the CD to run, but you need it if you want to hear the in-game music.

My very first attempt at burning an image to CD (SHOGO.mdx) and it failed on me. I'm hesitant to try again, I don't want to waste my CD-Rs. I didn't have anything else running in the background.

When I want to uninstall a program, should I make sure to have the image for the program unmounted?. Will it cause problems if I don't?.
                              Last edited by Zeolites; 15.09.2010, 09:36.

Comment

Working...
                              X