Daemon stop working on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon stop working on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I have install Daemon Tools Lite last version(i found only 32bit version on the official site)
    After about ten days,i have a message approximately with such maintenance:
    "The Windows are necessary for the given appendix 2000 and STPD 1.60 at least. The kernel debugger should be deactivated."
    I update STPD driver(i have some problem,STPD 64bit driver don't want to install,but 32 bit driver updated Successfully),but it doesn't help me...I uninstall Daemon and when i try to install again,he show me some error(error 14 or error 4 i don't remmember)
    What's wrong?

Thank's for helping and sorry for my broken English

What security software are you using?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i use Avast
      I want to know why Daemon stop working after some days(in those days i don't install anything and don't update my sistem)
      On 32 bit system he worked properly(with the same security software)
      and why i can't update STPD driver 64 bit...
      Whether exists daemon tools lite 64 bit??i didn't found on official site(only 64 bit driver STPD that i can't install)

Comment

I have the exact same problem AFTER I installed the new version of Comodo Internet Security (Version 5.0). I uninstalled it and works perfect, had to revert to older version of Comodo Firewall (4.x)

Comment

DT setup contains x86 and x64.

Error 4 means some software is modifying code on-the-fly.
          Please list all running processes pashulka.

@xoltrix2000
          Thanks for the info, I will check that version.

EDIT:
          @xoltrix2000
          I reproduced the problem on Win 7 x64. Strangely it is working fine on XP SP3.
          EDIT2:
          Solution for Comodo 5 is the following:
          Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart" -> Reboot
          I informed Comodo about the issue and hopefully they will release an update soon.
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 20.09.2010, 02:33.
          Peace Through Power

Comment

DT setup contains x86 and x64.
            But why i can't update STPD driver x64??My system x64 and only x86 driver updated.

Yesterday i buy a NOD32,so try with this programm.

Comment

Please check if you have the folder "Program Files (x86) in install partition of your windows.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

of cource i have this folder.I completly sure that i have an 64 bit system.
                Daemon Tools installed in Program Files (x86).So maybe installer have both of them(x86 and x64),but installed only 32bit.....

Comment

Only the driver is x64, application is x86.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

so program install 32bit driver...Becouse i can update only 32 bit driver version....

maybe i need to install STPD 1.74 64bit driver first??and after that i should install Daemon Tools lite?
                    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 20.09.2010, 19:09.

Comment

The setup installs automatically x64 driver.
                      You may try 1.74 x64 setup.
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

im having a very similar problem with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit... I finaly got DT installed (with help from forum) because i ran into a problem with Comodo

Do i have to uninstall comodo before i can get away from the error where it ask me to have atleast windows 2000?

Comment

No, just deactivate D+.
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

well ive acturly tried that allready... Still shows up with the same error....... Even tried it with comodo turned off.. Same error.....

Comment

I was talking about the option which requires you to reboot to take the effect.
                              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                              X