Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted my SPTD Key

Hi Guys,

Big help needed please I was installing Daemon Tools Lite, and had an error message pop up, "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated."
    I searched the forums here and found a few guides of which I followed but made a grave mistake I deleted the whole of the SPTD key and all its contents, Dont ask me why it was a moment of madness.

After this I tried to reinstall and then got these messages
    1st > "Failed to open service key"
    2nd > "Failed to open service key"
    3rd > SPTD Setup error code:5.

Now this is all I get when I try to reinstall.
    I decided to follow this guide Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help
    but am now stuck as I have deleted the required key, my question is

How is it possible to get the deleted key back, I am fairly good on computers but definatly not an expert (or I would not be asking of course) Please help

As It always seems to be asked I am using BitDefender Total Security 2010, should you need to know which I have deactivated as best as possible and I deleted the Key in normal mode not Safe mode (school boy error I know!)

So over to you I guess, thanks in advance

Reinstall SPTD DuplexSecure
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

If you get "failed to open service key"
      Before I started I deactivated all antivirus and Firewall programmes, remember to reactivate them once done!

1)Open regedit (START type in the search bar REGEDIT) look for this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\LEGACY_SPTD,

try to delete it. If you can’t, try this:
      go folder by folder starting with the lowest one first (0000 and control), open the permissions dialog (Right Click > Permissions), go to advanced, Click Owner, select your user (ideally the admin), Tick the "Replace owner on a subcontainers and objects, then click on OK (not apply!). Then click on "All USERS" and Tick under ALLOW-Full control and take ownership of the folder. You have to set it on each individual folder.

Now you should be able to delete it. I also deleted the same entry in ControlSet001 and ControlSet002.

Finally, just in case, delete this entry too: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\e ventlog\System\sptd

Delete your Recycle Bin, then reboot.

Now run SPTD setup again, you should be able to install it and after a reboot install Daemon Tools. Dont forget to reactivate your antivirus and firewalls!

Kudos here

Hope this helps others like it did me, I am using Windows 7 64Bit. I take no liability if you do more harm then good, im just trying to help!

Comment

Working...
      X