MDX file format problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDX file format problem.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7. I have tried everything I can to get Daemon Tools to install and work properly on this platform to no avail. At this point I have completely given up on getting Daemon Tools working.

The problem here is I have an image in .mdx format and I can't do anything with it as far as I know. My question is:

1. Is there any way to convert .mdx to another workable format WITHOUT Daemon Tools?

or

2. Is there any other image mounting solution that is capable of mounting the .mdx format?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Two times no.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

MDX file format is the worst idea of daemon tools. No compatibility with anything makes it just annoyance.

Comment

What do you mean by "anything"?

Comment

Sway, I guess he is refering to other applications like Virtual CloneDrive.
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Well, many application use their own formats. And usually there are some reasons for that. So I don't see any problem here.
            Use DT, and you won't get troubles with mounting MDX images. OR use open formats such as ISO. But if you need to backup protected disc, with MDX you have much more chances to get workable image.

Comment

Hey guys,

I have Daemon Tools Lite and yet I'm still not able to mount .mdx files. I have Windows XP. "Unable to Mount Image. Invalid Image file."

Help would be appreciated,
              Multibullets

Comment

Specify your DAEMON Tools Lite version. How did you create this image?

Comment

The version is 4.30.1
                  Daemon works perfectly with all the other image files such as .iso and .mdf

Comment

DTLite 4.30.1 doesn't support MDX. Install the latest version - Disc-Tools.com

Comment

Works now!
                      Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem (invalid mdx image file). I also tried with the currently latest DTLite... unfortunatelly doesn't work... Could you please help?... i have several older (2-3 year-old) family videos as MDX files... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X