PDA

View Full Version : Sacred w/ rmps and script (1.6.6)

CongoMan
26.04.2004, 23:31
i used to play sacred with an rmps copy and, since 1.6 in conjunction with daemonscript, as described in some other thread.

today i read a lot about blacklists of daemonscript. though i cannot conform this, i wrote a small script for the windows scriptting host. perhaps you'll need to adjust the folder to correctly locate the d-tools.
place in in your game folder and execute it. needs windows scripting host to run. wonder if they'll blacklist that, too!

save the following as sacred.js in your game folder
//SCRIPT
RunSacred();
function RunSacred()
{
var WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell");
var i;

WSHShell.Run("c:\\Programme\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe -rmps on",1,1)
WSHShell.Run("sacred.exe",1,0)

for (i=0; i<50; i++)
{
WScript.Sleep(500)
WSHShell.Run("c:\\Programme\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe -rmps on")
}

}
//END SCRIPT

works fine!

mittner
27.04.2004, 02:03
Good idea, but still doesn't work for me.

Wlk
27.04.2004, 10:28
CongoMan, are you using burned CD or just mounted image?

CongoMan
27.04.2004, 10:33
as i said, i am using a BURNT rmps copy. btw, i do have alc120 installed. works anyway. i have never managed to get it working from image.

Wlk
27.04.2004, 10:36
Burned with Alc120% and New VOB 5+ profile selected?

CongoMan
27.04.2004, 10:37
yep!

FaithNoMore
01.05.2004, 01:17
Hi there,

I'm new here, and my english is not very good (sorry for that) :wink:

My back up CD of Sacred doesn't work, and I want to try with the script, but I don't know how to write it (using note pad or another). What's the tools I need to make the script ?

Tx :D

Edit ---> I read it's Deamonscript, but do you have a tutorial for the newbie am I ? :oops:

duhh
04.05.2004, 16:50
FaithNoMore:
You need windows scripting host http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

This has nothing to do with daemon script, its an alternative to using it.

Simply copy the above text into notepad and save it as sacred.js , place it in your sacred directory adn run it

There is a slight error in the script though.... command line options should be issued OUTSIDE of the quotes, not inside...

WSHShell.Run("c:\\Programme\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe -rmps on",1,1) should be
WSHShell.Run("c:\\Programme\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe" -rmps on,1,1)

obviously correcting the path as necissary. Try running it from command line .. first go into daemon and turn all emulation options off

"c:\program files\D-Tools\daemon.exe -rmps on" errors,
"c:\program files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -rmps on turns it on ....

Twisted EndZ
06.05.2004, 12:27
The script never worked for v1.6.6 US but alcohol 120% (new version, 1.9.2 b1705) works with Sacred and you can even mount the disc. I'm hoping a new version of d-tools is out soon.

Twisted EndZ
06.05.2004, 15:26
Well it did work that one time and now it won't load up again with Alcohol using emulation. Disc and mounting don't work for me.

girlsfavtoy
07.05.2004, 01:47
anyone else notice that there are two sacred.exe files running when you execute the game in taskbar?

Sicarius
22.05.2004, 18:01
Hi there... I gave it shot with windows script thingy, but I encountered a problem.... I downloaded and installed the script program from microsoft.com, And I change the few lines in the script congoman posted, furthermore, I have renamed it, and put it in my sacred folder.. when I try to launch the script, it comes up with the following error:

Windows script host:
script: D:\Sacred\sacred.js
Line : 8
Symbol: 58
error: The symbol ")" was expected
Code: 800A03EE
Source: A Microsoft JScript-compilationerror occured

please help
thanks in advance

Kynaeus
24.05.2004, 00:16
Same with Sicarius, except it was on character 47; the script thing didn't work for me either.

Although I'm only on 1.0 of Sacred, does the version matter?

Heres what I have in the script, and I did download that microsoft thing you posted:

//SCRIPT
RunSacred();
function RunSacred()
{
var i;

WSHShell.Run("D:\Program Files\D-tools" -rmps on,1,1)
WSHShell.Run("D:\Sacred\sacred.exe",1,0)

for (i=0; i<50; i++)
{
WScript.Sleep(500)
WSHShell.Run("D:\Program Files\D-tools" -rmps on)
}

}
//END SCRIPT

Any help?

MisterEd
24.05.2004, 07:26
Sacred from version 1.0 to 1.5 works fine from an image with dt346. only 1.6 and above makes some trouble.

Kynaeus
24.05.2004, 15:15
Here, my friend knows some Java and was helping out with this:

//SCRIPT
RunSacred();
function RunSacred()
{
var i;

WSHShell.Run("\"D:\\D-tools 4.36\\daemon.exe\" -rmps on",1,1);
WSHShell.Run("D:\\Sacred\\sacred.exe",1,0);

for (i=0; i<50; i++)
{
WScript.Sleep(500);
WSHShell.Run("\"D:\\D-tools 4.36\daemon.exe\" -rmps on");
}

}
//END SCRIPT

As usual, change the directories to match your own.

Juzz
30.06.2004, 20:47
Anyone with the European version that has it up and running?

When can we expect it to work with versions higher than 1.5?
(And where can I get version 1.5?)

Bloodhunter
14.07.2004, 03:59
If u turn any Emulation ON, u start Sacred, it will turn OFF ALL Emulations.
Lock DLL doesnt help. How can I prevent Sacred disabling Emulations ?!

Skyrist
14.07.2004, 13:46
Use Alcohol 120% for Emulation. But you have to use a backup disc, because its blacklisted and no scsi drive will work then :wink:

Bloodhunter
14.07.2004, 16:42
Dont know if it's my bad english or something else. sry :D
What do u mean with Backup Disk ? I can't emulate a backup disk ^^

Skyrist
15.07.2004, 01:48
I mean that you should create an image file of your original cd using the Protect CD V5 propertys ( ignore read errors, fast skip errors, read sub channel data, read DPM data with high precision and 4x speed ) with the latest version of alcohol 120%( 1.9.2 Built 1705 ). After that burn the image including the RMPS data.
Then you have to start alcohol 120% and turn all 3 emulation options on. Put the CD into the drive and start the game. This should work fine even with the newest version 1.6.6 and there is no problem with all these scrips and stuff 8) If you dont want to burn the image, just try to emulate it with this version of alcohol, perhaps it works, i dont know :D

Bloodhunter
15.07.2004, 17:03
Aha, I always use CD-Images, otherwise I wouldnt get it runnin without original CD. I'm tired changing CD's and my HD space is big enough ;)

But thx 4 Info, i'll try this :)

RinoaHeartily
19.07.2004, 06:47
I have a confirmation from a friend that you can actually play it without burning it into a cd. What you need is the image that was originally copied via the protect CD V5.
The next part seems a little of a hazzle but it works. On your bios disable your dvd/cd-rom drive.

When you boot up to winxp, run daemon tool and MAKE sure the drive mapped is the one right after your harddisk. Example D is your harddisk, Then make E as your virtual drive. It won't work on F or beyond.

JariK-Tietomedia
21.07.2004, 12:42
Has the protection been updated in the 1.7 beta series?

I had terrible problems getting a Nero image to work with version 1.66, and I still get occasional crashes to desktop that disappear when using the original CD.

spajdr
31.08.2004, 16:51
nope, nothing mentioned here work, any other solution? :|