DT drive full, can't add updates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT drive full, can't add updates.

Im new to virual drive use, but can't really understand how a virtual drive can be 'full'... I have a game image taking up 1.77gig of space, & I can't add updates or patches because it's telling me I have no more disc space... First, it's a 'virtual' drive, it shouldn't have confinments like a physical disc does. Second, 1.77gig is the size of a basic CD-rom, why wont this DT emulate a DVD-R, or even a dual layer DVD.
    ...Call me a noob all ya want, I'm just tryin to learn here... I'm only using the DT Lite version, if that has anything to do with it, & dont see many user options on the thing.
    Please Teach. Thx.

A virtual drive behaves like a physical drive. To add updates you have to modify the image.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

1. A CD have 700 mb space, not 1.77 GB.
      2. Daemon Tools do emulate even DVD-R, Dual Layer DVDs etc.
      3. Your virtual drive is shown as full even though it's size is 1.77GB because the image file you are using being the complete image of the original game disk is treated as the original game disk by DT. Just like you can not anything to the original game disk itself because the burning session is closed on the original disk, similarly you can not add anything to game image just because you want to because DT treats the image as an original game disc too once you mount that image in DT. The only way to bypass this limitation is to modify the image directly before mounting it to DT and put new things in the image and saving the image. Then if you mount the image to DT, it will mount the modified image perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X