Error Code: 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Code: 14

I am running Windows XP with ZoneAlarm firewall & McAfee antivirus. Every time I try and install Dlite (the latest version) I keep getting this error message: "Internal setup error. Error Code: 14. Contact support." I have read through the forum and followed the advice. I have changed the settings in ZoneAlarm to no avail. I have even disabled the program altogether with no luck. I have also uninstalled the toolbar for Mozilla. I have used Regcure to remove any trace of Dlite so that isn't the problem either. I am at my wits end here! Please help!

Uninstall the toolbar completely and not just for Mozilla.
    If it is completely gone (also for IE) and you still have the error, please post running processes.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I went ahead and uninstalled Internet Explorer since I couldn't figure out how to uninstall the addons. All I could do was disable them and that didn't help.
      My processes that are running are:
      McTray.exe
      alg.exe
      ctfmon.exe
      devldr32.exe
      iTunesHelper.exe
      MOM.exe
      shstat.exe
      UdaterUI.exe
      WLIDSVCM.exe
      iPodService.exe
      explorer.exe
      wuauclt.exe
      firefox.exe
      mfeann.exe
      mcshield.exe
      vstskmgr.exe
      sched.exe
      svchost.exe
      spoolsv.exe
      ISWSVC.exe
      WLIDSVC.exe
      CCC.exe
      FrameworkService.exe
      engineserver.exe
      lxdncoms.exe
      ati2evxx.exe
      svchost.exe
      avshadow.exe
      svchost.exe
      mDNSResponder.exe
      AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
      avguard.exe
      svchost.exe
      svchost.exe
      svchost.exe
      ati2evxx.exe
      naPrdMgr.exe
      SeaPort.exe
      lsass.exe
      taskmgr.exe
      services.exe
      winlogon.exe
      csrss.exe
      smss.exe
      mfevtps.exe
      plugin-container.exe
      svchost.exe
      System
      System Idle Process

Wish I could have just taken a SS and posted that! It would have been SO much faster! lol

Comment

ZoneAlarm toolbar is still active:
        ISWSVC.exe

Also having installed two antivirus software is not recommended (McAfee and Antivir), this can slow down your pc extremely.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

for zonealarm users

go to c:\program files\checkpoint\ZAForcefield\

run uninstall.exe

this will remove forcefield but leave the rest of zonealarm alone

Daemon tools should install now

Comment

Thanks for the help. I had to reformat my computer though and went ahead and installed DLite before I installed any security programs. It installed fine but now I get this message: "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated." I have every patch listed in the update section installed, so I don't know what to do.
            BTW, the 2 anti-virus programs are to catch the things that one or the other program does not catch. Avira does not use much in the way of resources and I have the background scanner turned off for McAfee, so it doesn't slow my computer down at all. It also helps to have a lot of RAM I also have 3 anti-malware/spyware programs installed. You can never be to safe! lol

Comment

So you have not got an Error Code anymore? Only that message after installing DT and starting it.
              Did you install SPTD 1.75 (DuplexSecure
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
              X