• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDE channel driver issue WinXP

Operating System: Windows XP Professional 2002 SP1
    Burning Software: Nero Burning ROM 6.3.0.2.b
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

After installing Daemon tools I had to reinstall an IDE channel (remove it from the device manager and then get Windows to install it again). The controller is Intel 82801EB. The reinstallation did not succeed. I got a failure message with the explanation "The driver is not intended for this platform."

After trying everything I could think of or find on the Internet without success, I decided to repair my Windows XP installation using the installation media. Everything was goin OK till the very last reboot when I got a blue screen with code 0x0000007B. Trying to start in safe mode I got a message "Press Esc to cancel loading d346bus.sys" (as described in the readme file) but pressing Esc did not help.

I installed Windows and all some of teh software I am using again but monitored it cerfully. It appears tht the problem with reinstallation of the primary and/or secondary IDE channels appeared after installing Daemon Tools and disappeared after uninstalling it.

PCMCIA IDE/Atapi driver issue WinXP

Operating System: Windows XP Professional 2002 SP1
    Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom 5.5.2.4, CloneCD 4.2.0.2
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec AV
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I noticed the same problem. After inserting of PCMCIA adaptor with new CF memory card into my notebook (Intel 830 chipset, PCMCIA controller by TI) I've got a message "The driver is not intended for this platform." and the PCMCIA IDE/Atapi Controller was not installed. There was a "problem mark" in the Device Manager in Windows. Regardless, the memory card worked properly.
    I've found a message about similar problem somewhere in Internet and the result was - coused by Daemon Tools. So I uninstalled the Daemon Tools, re-inserted the card and it was installed successfully.
    This problem occurs only with newly detected devices, because I've used my older CF cards many times (inserted and removed) with the same PCMCIA adaptor and Daemon Tools installed. But when used a new card for the first time the error occured.
    I've noticed exactly the same behavior with another notebook (with some VIA chipset).

Comment

This Problem is already Known by DAEMON TOOLS Development team and is due to atapi.sys locking by DAEMON TOOLS .

A workaround is described here (to apply when atapi.sys file is updated by WINDOWS) .

if you just want to replace/check the atapi.sys file you could use Process Explorer from www.sysinternals.com to close the handle to that file (if the file is just locked to prevent access).

Comment

Working...
      X