Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Lite fails to install

Hello,

I am trying to install DT Lite v 435691 on Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

First install was successful but when trying to run app, I received some kid of error referring to the need for a kernel debugger, app would not run.

I uninstalled it. Upon attempting to reinstall I am getting an error stating: Internal setup error. error code 14.

Any suggestions on what to do to rectify this?

Thanks

What's your security software?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I run Threatfire and Panda. I suspended TF but that didnt change anything.

Comment

It is TF. It is still running somehow (maybe stays in memory). Uninstall TF, reboot and then check back.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

That did it, Kain Thanks a mill. Reinstall of TF ok to do?

Btw, I read some reviews that EA butchered the newest C&C, what is your opinion?

Thanks

Comment

Then you have the same issue again when TF was/is active in this Windows session. PcTools (dev of TF) is aware of this error (modifying code of other software in memory) for more than 6 month I think.

Yes, latest C&C4 is not really a C&C. Only greedy EA put C&C on the title, a few things about the story and that's it. No base built. No tiberium.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Ok, thanks for that news. Would you suggest anything else to go along with Panda?

Shame on EA for butchering what Westwood Studios built, wonder how ticked off they are.

Comment

Spyware Sweeper is also good (but not free), SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes. Normally your Panda should be enough (even though Panda uses a lot of system resources, at least those versions I tested 3 years ago).
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Appreciate the info. I started thinking behavior based AV is good because if the definitions can't recognize a new virus, the behavior they bring will be caught by the appropriate AV. Somebody is likely to be a victim before the AV definitions are updated so what is the best proactive measure? I thought TF was addressing that.

Comment

Working...
                  X