Global Hotkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Hotkeys

When I used to use DT Lite, I could create global hotkeys for various tasks - such as unmounting all drives. However, now that I've upgraded to (and paid for!) DT Pro, this functionality appears to be missing. I've found the ability to set hotkeys within the DT Pro control panel, however that is the extent of them.

Are they hidden somewhere, or is this functionality truly missing? I do hope I'm in error, as to pay for the full product and receive a reduction in functionality would be utterly criminal.

Forwarded to devs.
    BTW if you change your forum email address to the one over at disc-soft.com, I can give you customer tag, so your posts wouldn't be moderated anymore and therefore your posts would show up immediately.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Thank you, unfortunately the email address associated with my account is no longer active (pre exim sub-mailboxes; lots of spam) and it would appear that I can't change it (I suppose that is because it also forms my username).

Comment

Now the following hotkeys are present in DTPro main application:

Ctrl+N ---> Make disc image
        Ctrl+I ---> Add images
        Ctrl+F ---> Search images
        Ctrl+Q ---> Exit
        Ctrl+M ---> Mount
        Ctrl+Alt+M ---> Unmount
        Ctrl+L ---> Load
        Ctrl+J ---> Eject
        Ctrl+Alt+R ---> Reset to default
        F1 ---> Online Help
        F5 ---> Refresh

I hope global hotkeys will be implemented in nearest versions.

Comment

What version do these appear in? Unfortunately, my upgrade period has me limited to 4.35.0308 due to a chronic lack of funding.

A one-off upgrade to whatever version these appear in would be appreciated, given that it seems they really should've been available in Pro from the get-go, considering their availability in the free version.

Nonetheless, thank you for your (timely) clarification to this point.
          Last edited by Draesk; 19.11.2010, 15:08.

Comment

Hm, I've noticed you mention hotkeys there that could only possibly be used within the DT control panel (such as F5 and F1). As such, to clarify, the applicable hotkeys that you have posted are, in fact, global?

Comment

They aren't global. Sway misunderstood you.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Unfortunately, these hotkeys are not global. They can be used in DTPro main application (when DTPro main window is in focus). These hotkeys are present in all latest DTPro versions including v4.35.0308. They were indicated in main menu until v4.35.0306. Now they are not there (it's a bug), but they work as well.

Possibility to implement global hotkeys will be discussed with devs.

Comment

Working...
                X