Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which update in windows 7 is stopping Daemon tools lite from working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which update in windows 7 is stopping Daemon tools lite from working?

Hi,

I have daemon tools lite installed on windows 7. It was working perfectly fine until a couple days ago, suddenly I couldn't mount any drives. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it (obviously) but was still not working.

I uninstalled a whole bunch of windows updates, which was a pain in the a*s but it made it work.

This is where the problem comes in: I need most of these updates so I can't leave it like that. I need to know which update(KBxxxxx) that is preventing Daemon tools lite to work properly?

Thanks,

Propellergroup

Which Win7 (x86/x64) and which Daemon Tools Lite version do you use?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

windows 7 x86

windows 7 x86

Comment

I know what the problem is, but I dont know how to fix it. I'd love it if some could help me out. Daemon tool lite stop working as soon as I install VMware(virtual machine) I'm sure it's just some settings I need to change.

Comment

Did you try to reinstall DAEMON Tools Lite after VMWare installation?
          AFAIK DAEMON Tools software doesn't have any incompatibilities with VMWare.

Comment

Hi, I have almost the same issue with DTLite. While iso files still mounting well it won't let me mount cue with reference to wav. The last time i successfully mounted cue is December 26. After that I tried to mount cue at January 16 but no go. DTLite just says "Unable to mount image". I have tried 3 last versions of DTLite i.e 4.35.6, 4.40.1 and 4.40.2. My computer is Core i5 notebook with installed Win7 Home Premium x64 with all the windows updates installed.

Comment

Please post that cue file Udillak.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Here is a sample of cue file I tried to mount.
                Attached Files

Comment

Please remove any commas and brackets. These are not supported.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Wow, you were right. It's exactly commas and brackets.
                    Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X