Error code 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error code 14

Hello, i have read many many topics about how to fix this error.
    but i have done it all but it still wont work :'(
    a thing is that i am not sure my avg might be turden right off
    i have made file exception for daemon tool and also disabled residence shield and the "turn avg off for 15mins" turned off zonealarm, disabled windows defender, deletet everything i chould named stpd in registry, trhough i couldnt find the directory named "MSR" that some said should be delete. in the windows control panel part named remove programs, i could also only find Daemon tool bar.

i am so lost, i really hope that some can help me out.
    do i need to reinstall windows maybe?

Uninstall ZoneAlarm toolbar.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I have the same problem. Windows 7, Avast! and Comodo Firewall. I disabled both but still get error 14. And ideas? Thanks.

Comment

It seems you haven't disabled Comodo's D+ correctly (there is an option which requires a reboot).
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

The only way I can come up with that works if you have Comodo is to uninstall Comodo and then reinstall it when you have installed Daemon Tools.
          I just did and now I have to learn Comodo to walk again...

Are the devs trying to find the problem?
          It's like DT is trying to use a file that the antivirus has locked.

I can add one more thing to the problem if I haven't done that earlier...
          When I try to start Dt for the first time Comodo warns about a possible buffer owerflow. I just ignore it. DT sais something about that it needs Windows 200 or later and SPTD 1.6 or higher. So it doesent start. I then start DT again and it works just fine.

PS.
          Sorry if my meanings don't make any sens :p

Comment

It is not DT problem. So we cannot fix it.

You just need to disable Defense+ module. No need to uninstall Comodo entirely.

Comment

Here is an idea... and it worked for me...

Uninstall ZoneAlarm, then install Daemon Tools!

I actually installed DT while ZoneAlarm was in the process of reinstalling... not sure why the old ZA install caused the error 14 though... ah well, it is fixed now.

Comment

Working...
              X