PDA

View Full Version : How to make Blank iso?

.hettinger
24.12.2010, 10:14
I'm looking to back up my computer because I had to reboot. A virus got through to my recovery and ruined the boot files. I'm looking to make a blank iso to 'burn' my computer image onto because I can't afford anything more than my thumb drive (given to me). It would be incredibly useful if anyone had ideas. I've searched more than a few forums and SOL. Help anyone?

- "There are no inner saints... only strangers."

Sway
24.12.2010, 10:33
DAEMON Tools products do not provide such functionality.

lepaperwan
24.12.2010, 14:21
WinMount might help you out.

.hettinger
25.12.2010, 08:06
I know when I go to burn things it shows the extra drives. If Daemon tools won't help, how do I go through with my plan?Will Winmount help? Will it allow me to copy a blank drive if I borrowed it from a friend? No one has a blank iso?

Terramex
25.12.2010, 20:21
@hettinger
To tell the truth, i didn't get what exactly you're trying to achieve, but maybe this thread helps:
http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/mount-virtual-blank-dvd-13044/

.hettinger
05.01.2011, 23:28
I tried winmount and made a winmount image. Will winmount make a blank iso? When I tried it, it made a wmt image. If it has the iso option but you have to pay for it, like I suspect it does, could someone kindly send me a 1024 gig from theirs? I would prefer that I don't have to deal with a lot of spam from winmount about me buying. Like I said, I'm on this forum because I don't have the money for DVD's or CD's.

karrde
06.01.2011, 13:51
????????
you CAN'T burn something to your virtual Drive even if you have an empty iso file. (Or have i missed a new DT feature?)

Terramex
06.01.2011, 15:23
@hettinger
Maybe it's just me, but would you please explain in detail what you're trying to achieve.

Have you checked the linked thread in which Phantom Drive (http://www.phantom-drive.com/en/default.htm) (fully functional 30 days trial version) is mentioned ?

If it has the iso option but you have to pay for it, like I suspect it does, could someone kindly send me a 1024 gig from theirs? Huh ? :confused: