Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.40.0311 BSOD apparently with ATI Catalyst 10.12 Preview

Hello,
    I'm using Daemon tools since years and never had any issue until I updated from 4.35.6 to latest version.
    The first install (over previous version) was a disaster. Daemon tools main exe crashed at least two times but setup finally installed the program. When I restarted Daemon tools worked but no menu appeared, so I decided to reinstall it again and this time it "worked". So far so good until my screen tried to shut down after 10 minutes of inactivity. PC crashed and when I restarted it, a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD (0x0000003b) recorded in event log. Using Windbg the dump file indicate the ATI driver atikmdag.sys as the fault. I reproduced the problem again when monitor tried to shut down again.
    I also had another BSOD, this time a 0x000000d1 when I tried to shut down the computer. The offended driver was afd.sys.
    As BSOD started when I installed the new version of DAEMON I though it was the culprit as system worked fine until that. I unistalled the new version and installed the old and all OK since then (two days).
    You can find the dumps files attached in the post.

- ASUS M4A79 Deluxe
    - Phenom X4 9950 2,7
    - 4 GB DDR2 RAM
    - 1 TB SEAGATE HDD
    - ASUS EAH 5770 CuCore
    - Windows 7 x64

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Please check the problem with new DAEMON Tools Pro 4.40.0312.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      I'm downloading Daemon tools pro. Any posibility to update Lite edition? I use Daemon Tools Lite.

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      Please check the problem with new DAEMON Tools Pro 4.40.0312.

Comment

Updated DAEMON Tools Lite will be released in 1-2 weeks.

Comment

This version fixed the BSOD

Comment

Working...
          X