X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD -> Exact Audio Copy -> DT Pro Std -> iTunes

That's my goal.
    Working on XP.
    Somewhere I read that DT was the answer.
    I have ripped the music tracks off CD into a folder using EAC.
    I can get DT to make a CD ISO image of those files.
    I can make that ISO image into a virtual drive.
    But iTunes does not get it.
    What is the missing link?
    TIA
    Bill

PS I'd like to do it this way because iTunes has what seems to me a wart in that it won't look up art work and track names unless it imports from a CD. That would be fine if the clever folk at Apple had perfect CD reading software, but they don't.

Are you using latest DT Pro version ?
    If yes, are you using simple driver or SPTD (Advanced Emulation) ?
    Originally Posted by Bill123 View Post
    But iTunes does not get it.
    Doesn't iTunes "see" or can't access the virtual drive, or is it just not able to get art work and track names ?
    If the latter then please don't go the EAC->DT Pro way, but solely use DT Pro to create an mds or mdx image
    of the CD using the Audio CD profile.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

EAC + DT + iTunes = ???

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Are you using latest DT Pro version ?
      If yes, are you using simple driver or SPTD (Advanced Emulation) ?
      Doesn't iTunes "see" or can't access the virtual drive, or is it just not able to get art work and track names ?
      If the latter then please don't go the EAC->DT Pro way, but solely use DT Pro to create an mds or mdx image
      of the CD using the Audio CD profile.
      One annoying thing is when the About box does not allow cut'n'paste. 4.40.0312.0214 Daemon Tools Pro Standard Edition.

Anyway, no, iTunes does not see the virtual drive. Normally when I insert a CD into the drive, iTunes receives a notification message and pops up a window with the CD contents. Does DT send the same notification? I cannot find anyway to make iTunes see the virtual drive. It is no good importing a library as then iTunes does not do the database lookup.

I am 99% confident that if iTunes sees the drive, it will access its CD database because I did it once before but not with this (quite expensive) software.

I can only see Add SCSI Virtual Drive.

Comment

Anyway, no, iTunes does not see the virtual drive.
        If not activated yet please try to switch to Advanced Emulation under Tools/Preferences/Advanced and try again.

Also please check in Device Parameters of the virtual drive whether Auto insert notification is checked or not.
        Last edited by Terramex; 19.01.2011, 15:02.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

If not activated yet please try to switch to Advanced Emulation under Tools/Preferences/Advanced and try again.

Also please check in Device Parameters of the virtual drive whether Auto insert notification is checked or not.
          I looked and Advanced Emulation was on already so I turned it off. At least I then got XP's familiar ding/dong on win/loose device.

I checked E:\'s properties and it comes up in autoplay as Music Files for which importing using iTunes is not an option. If it came up as a Music CD it would be an option.

Nearer but still not quite there.

Bill

Comment

I checked E:\'s properties and it comes up in autoplay as Music Files for which importing using iTunes is not an option. If it came up as a Music CD it would be an option.
            Maybe you haven't selected the correct File system (Audio CD) at lower left when building the image with DT Pro Image Editor. Either way, even if you've chosen 'Audio CD' iTunes most probably won't be able to get the correct Album information as the structure/checksum has changed - particularly due to the changed pauses.

So in your case it's recommended from the start to create an image from the CD, and not bulding a "new" image using single tracks -either with EAC's IMG-mode (-> cue/wav image) or DT Pro (Make disk image -> Profile: Audio CD)
            Last edited by Terramex; 19.01.2011, 17:20.

Comment

EAC -> DT -> iTunes

Maybe you haven't selected the correct File system (Audio CD) at lower left when building the image with DT Pro Image Editor. Either way, even if you've chosen 'Audio CD' iTunes most probably won't be able to get the correct Album information as the structure/checksum has changed - particularly due to the changed pauses.

So in your case it's recommended from the start to create an image from the CD, and not bulding a "new" image using single tracks -either with EAC's IMG-mode (-> cue/wav image) or DT Pro (Make disk image -> Profile: Audio CD)
              Sorry, I do not see a button for EAC to make an image of a CD. Which one is it? "Copy Image and Create CUE Sheet" still seems to create a folder of AV files.

Comment

Sorry, I do not see a button for EAC to make an image of a CD. Which one is it? "Copy Image and Create CUE Sheet" still seems to create a folder of AV files.
                Action -> Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet (= the IMG logo left-hand) should create one big WAV and a CUE file.
                The CUE is the one you need to mount with DT Pro.

Comment

Action -> Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet (= the IMG logo left-hand) should create one big WAV and a CUE file.
                  The CUE is the one you need to mount with DT Pro.
                  Phew. Made it, and iTunes woke up, has supplied CD information and is now hopefully going to get a good copy into my library.

Many, many thanks!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X