Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There is no disk in the drive..." Error - DT Lite

Hello,

I've just switched to a new computer with Windows 7 Ult. 64bit installed, also, Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall as securities.

On my previous pc, running windows XP SP3, I had installed DT 3.35.** and 4 virtual drives in which I ran 4 dictionary ccd images. And all worked like a charm.

Now I have just installed the last version of DT (4.40.2.*), set up the four drives and mounted the first dictionary but I'm going mad 'cause when trying to run the *.exe file of the dict. an error message appears reading:

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1". After hitting the Cancel button 4 times the file works and the dictionary opens, but that's not an option.

I uninstalled DT and the sptd driver using the utility from duplexsecure, as I read somewhere the sptd might give any problems to my OS, to no avail. I ran DT without sptd but came to nothing... The message keeps on appearing either with or without sptd.

I must point out that I have 4 sd card readers which are numbered like the DT's four virtual drives. So I wonder if there might be a kind of "conflict", among the DT virtual drives and the SD card readers. It looks like DT does a scan of the wrong drives (in this case the sd card readers) and then after founding nothing into them, the .exe file loads...

This is crucial to me, because I need the dictionaries for my work.
    Hope I made myself clear as I am not English mother tongue.

TIA for any help.
    Elisabetta

Depends if the program is Windows 7 compatible.
    Is it working with original disk?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I don't know, and don't think so, I bought the dictionary before the releasing of W7, the disk is original and the image is a ccd one.

What I know is that my colleague is running DT with all the dictionaries on the same OS as mine and says all is working.
      The only difference is that her computer is a laptop, mine a desktop.

Thanks

Comment

Still the question, is it working with original disk?
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Still the question, is it working with original disk?
          Sorry, I can't answer your question because I have not the original disk at hand.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I temporarily solved my problem. The solution relates to the conflict between virtual and physical usb card reader drives.
            Since the dictionary finally loaded after hitting the Cancel button inside the error window, I supposed the error was related to the drives.
            I tried to change the virtual and physical drive letters, to no avail, so I disabled the usb card reader drives and now all is working well.

I'll definitely ask Microsoft support if there is a patch to overcome this impasse 'cause I would like to use also the built-in USB card readers.

Thanks,
            Elisabetta

Comment

Working...
            X