X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Open Mounted ISO's

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 5.5.10.56
    Anti-virus Software: Grisoft AVG 6.0.72 (Freeware)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

As stated in the subject, I can't open or explore any mounted ISO files. I mount one, and the emulated drive (H will change icons in My Computer to show simply "CD-ROM" or "DVD-ROM" but no volume label. I try to view contents and it pops up a box:

Disk is not formatted (in title bar)

Windows cannot read from this disk. This disk might corrupted or is using a format that is not compatable with Windows.

I made ISO's from several game CD's using WinISO but they always do that when I mount them. DVD ISO's (movie backups, mostly) will do the same but will actually play in WinDVD. Just can't explore. Any ideas?

-

Operating System: -
    Burning Software: -
    Anti-virus Software: -
    DAEMON Tools Version: -

Question: Can you explore the DT-drive in Isobuster? I don't mean to open the ISOs directly in Isobuster, but to open the drive in that tool...
    Don't own Isobuster? Try google

-------------
    Scary guy: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...pic.php?t=2936 (vote!)
    The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Unable to Open Mounted ISO's

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP1 (all critical updates)
      Burning Software: Clone CD & DVD, Nero 6.3.1.6, Fireburner, Alcohol 120
      Anti-virus Software: McAfee7 Enterprise (DAT4360) - (McAfee 7.1 at work same DAT and EPO)
      DAEMON Tools Version: Since 3.29 to 3.46 current: 3.41

I'm encountering the exact same problem on many different computers as Madz. I first noticed the problem in late 2003. I was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling DT and reinstalling.
      But, that didnt work for long. I also resolved the problem by uninstalling DT and going to an earlier version - all the way back to 3.29 at times. Most of the time that worked. Lately, (last month or 2) nothing has brought back functionallity to exploring a mounted image (.ISO, .CUE, etc.). I also tried browsing the mounted image in WinISO since Nemerov sugested a similar test to Madz.
      However, I can still write/burn an image to disc, and the disc works correctly. But that kinda defeats the purpose. I use ISOs, Bin/Cue's, Cue/Img's alot.
      Any suggestions will be welcomed.

I use Clone CD and WinISO to make images of CDs and DVD Decrypter for making DVD images or files.
      When I install DT I just use the defaults.
      Settings - 1 Drive

Comment

Try to update the ASPI drivers with e.g. ForceASPI 1.7
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I currently have Adaptec ASPI 4.60(1021) for Windows NT installed

ASPIchk.exe returns these componentes:
          WNASPI32.DLL
          WINASPI.DLL
          ASPI32.SYS
          WOWPOST.EXE

Im uninstalling that and reinstalling from the forceaspi1.7 I dl then reinstalling DT 3.46

Comment

Re: Unable to Open Mounted ISO's

Operating System: Windows XP
            Burning Software: none
            Anti-virus Software: none

I get this same error. I have tried one version previous to 3.46, and that didn't help. Tried the Forceaspi drivers 1.17.
            If anyone comes up with a fix, please post it here.
            This is on a fresh install of Winxp.

Originally Posted by Madz
            Operating System: Windows XP Home SP1
            Burning Software: Nero 5.5.10.56
            Anti-virus Software: Grisoft AVG 6.0.72 (Freeware)

As stated in the subject, I can't open or explore any mounted ISO files. I mount one, and the emulated drive (H will change icons in My Computer to show simply "CD-ROM" or "DVD-ROM" but no volume label. I try to view contents and it pops up a box:

Disk is not formatted (in title bar)

Windows cannot read from this disk. This disk might corrupted or is using a format that is not compatable with Windows.

I made ISO's from several game CD's using WinISO but they always do that when I mount them. DVD ISO's (movie backups, mostly) will do the same but will actually play in WinDVD. Just can't explore. Any ideas?

Comment

Try official 4.71.2 from Adaptec, there were reports about ASPI 4.60 causing problems in Win2k/XP.
              Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
              They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I'm running ASPI 4.71.2 and have tried the uninstall/reinstall. No luck w/ ISOBuster, either. Think I'll try the ForceASPI option and see what that does.

Comment

Well I uninstalled both DT and ASPI and then reinstalled forceaspi 1.7 and DT 3.46

still no change in the error.
                  i have confirmed that my iso's are not corrupt by writing serveral of them to disc at random. then ran the freshly burnt cds, no surprise that they worked, all of them.

does anyone know if a certain windows udpate causes this problem? or maybe a peice of software that if installed also causes this problem?

the last reinstall was 2 months ago, i've scanned for viruses, i use adaware pro and scanned for bs adware problems still no change, and i'm behind a firewall router box. so what ever is causing this problem is something i let in and is seemingly normal.
                  i really don't want to reinstall.

i'm sure DT works just fine, but some other program or update seems to not play nicely with others.

Comment

I've done the same as the previous poster and still can't get it working. Someone mentioned installing an older version like 3.29. If I can still find it. I'm gonna give that a go.

Comment

I am experiencing the same problem..

Operating System: Win XP Pro with all current updates
                      Burning Software: alcohol 120%
                      Anti-virus Software: none

I am having a number of problems with Daemon Tools. In fact, currently it seems to not be working for me at all (i own a game center and recently licensed Daemon Tools for my entire center).

1. My batch files do not seem to be working

2. When I manually mount an image, I sometimes get it to autorun, but... when I look in my computer for the virtual drives they appear to not have a cd associated with them. When i try to open or explore them, i get nothing.

3. WarCraft III definitely doesn't work

It is very frustrating because we are trying to go cd-less (we have licenses for all our cds but prefer for customers not to have the cds as they seem to get scratched, misplaced, end up mysteriously in someone's house, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X