• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTunes not seeing newly mounted drive

iTunes 10.1.2.17

Daemon Tools Pro Standard Edition (paid for) 4.40.0132.0214

XP Pro 2002 SP3

(Why don't programmers add a "copy to clipboard" button on the About dialogue?).

Anyway, have three virtual drives (E: F: H

I don't like H: as I use subst to mount a folder there a start up, so I guess that is a DT bug really.

When I put a CD in, iTunes sees it.

Then I use EAC to copy the CD and make WAV and CUE files.

Then I mount CUE using Daemon.

OS sees a new disc (asks me what I want to do with it). But iTunes often does not.

No idea how to see if DT is sending out the right notification, or how/if iTunes is ignoring it.

Where do I go from here? I have treied using EAC with Accurate and Secure gap detection.

TIA,
    Bill

Originally Posted by Bill123 View Post
    I don't like H: as I use subst to mount a folder there a start up, so I guess that is a DT bug really.
    Windows is doing drive letter assignment, not DT.

Why you not just create an image with DT?
    Just mounted an Audio CD image (DT Pro), started iTunes and working fine.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

1) H: is assigned (using subst) -before- I start DT or create a virtual drive. So DT should check to see if drive H: exists -before- it assigns a virtual drive to it. I think there is a way in Win32 (GetLogicalDriveStrings, EnumNetworkDrives, FolderExists, Drive letter assignment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

2) I use EAC because I want its better (more robust, faster) copying. That yields a WAV and CUE file. I then mount the CUE file onto a virtual (DT) drive using DT, and I expect iTunes to see it. I want to use iTunes so I can then synchronise (copy) the music to an iPod.

Is there a better way?

Regards,
      Bill

Comment

Originally Posted by Bill123 View Post
        Then I mount CUE using Daemon.
        OS sees a new disc (asks me what I want to do with it). But iTunes often does not.
        This occurs in E,F & H or only when mounted to H ?

P.S.:
        I don't have any Apple product, so it's more of a guessing game on my part.
        But still, you'll maybe find some help here in case it's an iTunes issue:
        Apple - Support - iTunes for Windows - Optical Drive Diagnostics & Troubleshooting
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

It's intermittent. I could not say I have never seen it on H (I tend to avoid H). But it is not consistent with E or F.

I had a burst of success this morning (with iTunes) but now it has stopped working again.

I envy you not having to deal with Apple products. The triumph of X over Y (fill in your own blanks - but it is noticable that tech unsavvy folk like them).

Takes me back to writing software for Macs. Anyone who cusses Win32 should have to live in a world where memory moves around when you're not looking.

Comment

A little offtopic:
            My first and only contact (or rather non-contact) with iTunes was when my nephew showed me his new iPod and urged me to copy some of his favourite songs. A not as trivial task as i've expected - ended up in copying a little tool called Floola to the iPod.
            Since then iTunes is also banned from my nephews PC

Maybe you should also consider to at least have a look at some free iTunes alternatives
            which perhaps also fit your needs/habits.
            Last edited by Terramex; 06.02.2011, 20:10.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
            X