No announcement yet.

DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 1500 in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 1500 in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit

Hi folks,

I have a VM running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit version.

I downloaded the latest DAEMON binaries (DTLite4402-0131) along with the 64bit version of SPTD (SPTDinst-v176-x64).

After installing/rebooting, DAEMON prompts the following error message "DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 1500"

I tried a few alternatives to fix this issue based on other threads as deleting the sptd registry entry and deleting the sptd.sys driver from the system32\drivers folder and I was not successful.

It seems it is Windows complaining about the driver as when I go to Device Manager under "DAEMON Tools Virtual Bus Driver", it says "The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)"

I tried to update the driver pointing it to the DAEMON folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite), but Windows comes back saying "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date"

I even disabled UAC (User Account Control) and still no success.

Any other alternatives I could try?

Thanks,
    ...Alex

Please contact our Support Team - support-eml@disc-soft.com.
    Specify the link to this thread or just copy your post to the email.

Comment

Working...
    X