Small DVD ISOs not mounting properly, give region code error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small DVD ISOs not mounting properly, give region code error

I do some video editing at home and usually burn ISOs instead of to disc as it is easier to send them over the net when they are small.
    I've noticed that if I burn a small DVD ISO, say 20 Mb, with Pinnacle Studio, and then mount it and try to watch it with Media Player Classic Home Cinema or WMP, I'll get a region code error. If I burn that ISO to a DVD it plays fine.
    If I burn a larger project, say over 1 Gb with Pinnacle there are no problems mounting it with Daemon tools and playing it.
    I tried to look for an answer in the manual and on the forums, so I hope this hasn't been answered already.
    If this could be fixed I'd buy the pro version as I use so much.
    Keep up the good work!

Did you try to change region for virtual device?
    Virtual devices configuration | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

Yes, I tried changing it but it didn't help. I checked the region of my DVD ISOs with IFOedit and they were region 0 as promised by Pinnacle.
      Might it be that the small ISOs are mounted as CDs instead of DVDs?
      I've got a Win7SP1 64bit machine if that's of any help.

Comment

Originally Posted by lsilvand View Post
        Might it be that the small ISOs are mounted as CDs instead of DVDs?
        Yes, small ISO's can be mounted as CD instead of DVD because ISO format does not save original disc type.
        Try to make MDX or MDS/MDF image.

Comment

Originally Posted by lsilvand View Post
          I checked the region of my DVD ISOs with IFOedit and they were region 0 as promised by Pinnacle.
          It should correspond to 'Not set' value for virtual drive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
            Yes, small ISO's can be mounted as CD instead of DVD because ISO format does not save original disc type.
            Try to make MDX or MDS/MDF image.
            Unfortunately Pinnacle Studio only has the ISO option. Is it possible to force it in Daemon Tools to always recognize ISOs as DVDs? Is there a converter program that I could use?
            Thanks for your help!

Comment

If you use DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced, try to convert ISO to MDX or MDS/MDF.

Comment

Seems to be a problem of DAEMON Tools & Win 7 - no matter whether advanced or simple driver is used.
                I can reproduce the error with a regionfree ISO on my Windows 7 system - no problem with Vista.

When 'Not set' ImgBurn shows in Tools/Drive/Regional Code/Information:
                Region(s) supported: None
                ...in both 7 & Vista, but in Vista it doesn't matter

Even with a Region 2 ISO and Region 2 set in properties (which is also shown by ImgBurn) it doesn't work in 7.
                Tried another free virtual drive software on that Win 7 system without problems in WMP & Co.

@lsilvand
                As a workaround you can just copy the VIDEO_TS folder of the mounted ISO to your hard drive - or just extract it with WinRAR.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                X