• Show
Clear All

• DaemonScript not mounting images

Operating System: Windows 2000
    Burning Software: n.a.
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Hello,

To keep my original CDs safe from my three year old son, I decided to clone the CDs to harddisk and mount them using Daemon Tools.
    This all works fine.

To alleviate my wife a bit, I thought DaemonScript would be a great idea, to have her only click one icon on the desktop to start a particular CD for my son.

Unfortunately DaemonScript is not mounting any image. The images are fine and mount without any problems when I mount them manually through Daemon Tools.

When I however click the test button in DaemonScript (or double-click the icon of the script), DaemonScript starts flashing 'DaemonScript Running Click to Pause' in the system tray and nothing happens. The script I used is for example:

Code:
    Version|1.5.2|2|
    Mount|D:\dino2.nrg|0|0|
    When I run an 'unmount' script when I manually mounted an image, the image is unmounted, so I know that DaemonScript is communicating with Daemon Tools. When I run the script above while a images is already mounted, the image stays mounted.

I hope somebody can help me, because I am really puzzled !

Thanks,

Taco

Hi,

I just tried this script:

Version|1.5.2|1|
    Mount|C:\Documents and Settings\David\Desktop\Image.iso|0|0|

and it worked fine, with or without images already mounted. If drive is locked, it should tell you this. Does the daemonscript tray icon flash forever until you stop it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      Does the daemonscript tray icon flash forever until you stop it?
      Yes, indeed. I do not get any error messages, or any messages at all.
      Is there a way I can turn on debugging or logging to see what is going wrong ?

I have two HDD drives (C: and D, then a CD-ROM (E and a CD-RW (F.
      Daemon Tools has one virtual drive configured (G.

Thanks,

Taco

Comment

Please wait a while and see if tray icon ever disappears. There is not much sense in logging, as the mount command is only executed.

Comment

Please wait a while and see if tray icon ever disappears. There is not much sense in logging, as the mount command is only executed.
          I will try it. How long should I wait ? An hour ?

Comment

Maybe 2 minutes.

Comment

Maybe 2 minutes.
              After about 10 hours the icon is still blinking. If you want I could give you VNC access to the machine so you could have a look yourself.
              I'll do anything to get this sorted

Comment

Please contact me by email: andareed@daemon-tools.cc to work this out.

Comment

Just sent you the details to login. Thanks for your assistance !

Comment

I have the same issue as you do!

Operating System: WINDOWS XP PRO
                    Burning Software: NERO BURNING ROM
                    Anti-virus Software: MCAFEE
                    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I am having the same problem as you do... Have you guys find out a way to solve this isssue? Daemonscript stops at mounting the image forever. It will never succeed at mounting the image by itself. need to do it manually. Tried mounting different devices but did not change anything... It was working fine before. Now what screwed this up? If you could help, I would really appreciate!

Thanks

BRUTEF0RCE

Comment

No we did not fix it, so I just used the command line options to do it from a .bat file, which works fine.

Comment

Please try latest version (1.5.3) and enable "autorun compat" option.

Comment

Working...
                        X