Removing a device faults the video on my laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a device faults the video on my laptop

I would like to submit a bug report. If you need anymore information, write back with instructions on how to find the info you need to assist in your efforts. The problem appears to be 100% reproducible. Anytime I remove a device, the video scrambles. This occurs when removing a device either
    via the Windows interface or command line. And no, there is no updated video driver for this machine.

Daemon Tools Lite v. 4.40.2.0131 SPTD not installed

Toshiba L355D-S7901
    4.00 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics (as reported by device manager)

What do you mean "video"? Is it a movie or a picture on your display?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      What do you mean "video"? Is it a movie or a picture on your display?
      The desktop. The whole screen was garbled.

I got my camera so I could post before and after pics for you, but this time when I removed a device the laptop gave me a garbled blue screen (couldn't read it exactly but could tell it was a BSOD)

When the laptop rebooted, it went through the 'check for solution' routine and said my Roxio PX engine was not working properly. It took me to the website and I installed their update.

After I rebooted again, I was able to remove devices without it faulting. So, I guess the new beta is incompatible with some of the old versions of some disk writer drivers.

Comment

It is quite possible that Roxio causes your problem. Please send to support-eml@disc-soft.com the following info:

1) minidump file which was generated after BSOD;
        2) msinfo;
        3) link to this thread;
        4) any screenshots which may help us.

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks Sway. Sent.

Comment

Working...
          X