Daemon Tools Lite can't image multisession ISO disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Lite can't image multisession ISO disc

I'm using Daemon Tools Lite v 4.40.2.0131 on Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1.

I've mounted an mds/mdf file, and I'm trying to save it as an iso file. However, when I try, DTL gives the message, "Unable to make ISO image for multisession disc".

Is this a restriction of the Lite version? If so, what's the minimum version of Daemon Tools I need to get, to be able to create the iso file?

Thanks for any help.

No, it's a restriction of the ISO 9660 file system - no matter which program you're using.

What do you need your mds/mdf image for to be in ISO format ?
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 02.04.2011, 20:40.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I guess it's only because Windows 7 recognizes ISO files, but not other extensions like mds/mdf or nrg. Therefore, ISO files are less likely to become obsolete over time.

Comment

What's the content of that mds/mdf image ?
        If it's not mandatory to keep it multisession, just build/create a new ISO with all its files using a
        premastering app capable of building ISOs like nero, ImgBurn or of course the Image Editor of DT Pro
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Yes, that's true; I have Roxio Creator 2010.

I just didn't realize that different disk image file formats have different capabilities. Now I wonder why iso is so popular.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            What's the content of that mds/mdf image ?
            If it's not mandatory to keep it multisession, just build/create a new ISO with all its files using a
            premastering app capable of building ISOs like nero, ImgBurn or of course the Image Editor of DT Pro
            Hi. I'm a new user of Daemon Tools Lite (4.48.1.0347), XP Pro SP3.
            I downloaded DTLite because I wanted to make an ISO of an audio CD I authored in Nero 6.6. That version which I purchased doesn't support saving an ISO (only an NRG, which is useless to anyone who hasn't purchased a Nero product). I wanted to use the ISO image format because it's compatible with many programs and operating systems.

DTLite complains "Unable to make ISO image for multisession disc".
            But it isn't a multisession disc. It's an audio CD, one session, which I burned and finalized from flac files (ripped from EAC, with no data tracks) and plays just fine on multiple systems and players. Nero (Disc info) confirms it is a single session. 17 audio tracks but definitely only one session. I'm a computer professional; I know a great deal about file systems and disc formats, and this seems very much like a bug in DTLite. It is mistaking a 1-session audio CD as a multi-session disc and consequently not allowing to make an ISO image.

Comment

No matter whether it's multisession or not (correctly it should complain about a multi-track-disc): the ISO format can't be used for Audio CDs.
              Take a look here under "Limitations": ISO image - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either choose the MDS format, or the for AUDIO CDs more common CUE format (using ImgBurn).
              Last edited by Terramex; 21.11.2013, 15:50.

Comment

Thanks for your reply and the technical info! I did not even realize it wasn't possible to make an ISO of an Audio CD. The error message about the multi-session disc was misleading me about the root cause of the problem. I'll try the MDS format.

Comment

Working...
                X