One Problem After Another with Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Problem After Another with Win 7

I'm trying to use Daemon Tools Lite on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. However, I keep running into a few problems.

Right after installing, I can open the program. However, if I try to mount anything, the program becomes unresponsive and cannot be shut down even using task manager.
    ( Still remains active in Processes )

Once I restart my computer I am unable to open Daemon Tools. I try to open the shortcut using admin privileges and task manager to no avail. Nor can I open the program using the icon on the system tray.

So, I uninstall and reinstall. This time the program gives me an error code: -1. So, I follow the instructions to " disable driver signature reinforcement" during my boot. Then, I continue to use command prompt to permanently disable it using the bcdedit recommendation. However, Daemon Tools will either; a) not open b) will not have any virtual drives and still gives me error code: -1 when I try to make one c) become unresponsive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Conan59 View Post
    I'm trying to use Daemon Tools Lite on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. However, I keep running into a few problems.

Right after installing, I can open the program. However, if I try to mount anything, the program becomes unresponsive and cannot be shut down even using task manager.
    ( Still remains active in Processes )

Once I restart my computer I am unable to open Daemon Tools. I try to open the shortcut using admin privileges and task manager to no avail. Nor can I open the program using the icon on the system tray.

So, I uninstall and reinstall. This time the program gives me an error code: -1. So, I follow the instructions to " disable driver signature reinforcement" during my boot. Then, I continue to use command prompt to permanently disable it using the bcdedit recommendation. However, Daemon Tools will either; a) not open b) will not have any virtual drives and still gives me error code: -1 when I try to make one c) become unresponsive.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I am having the same exact problem right now, and getting frustrated after trying absolutely everything to try and unmount my image from my virtual drive that I cant access anymore. It always becomes unresponsive and crashes. I can't even uninstall / reinstall anymore. No error code because its COMPLETELY unaccessable, even from my device manager it just unresponsive's me and doesnt unmount the drive or delete the drive. It just wont do it. Its stuck as is. I hope there is an easy solution. I was in the middle of my game. =s And now I have a fouled program that wont even run taking up space in my background every time I log on my computer! Bah humbug.

Comment

Specify your OS and DAEMON Tools full version.
      Is your problem reproducible for all images or specific one?

Comment

Working...
      X