Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

certain issues/ways to detect securerom version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• certain issues/ways to detect securerom version?

Just recently I've made 4 ccd files from a Japanese game that I didn't know had securerom protections. After failing to load the game from demon tool 3.46 with all emulation enabled(unable to read disc in time), I found out from a game forum that it has the latest securerom installed.

I attempted to use the old method of mounting the image file on DT with RPMS and copy it with alc new 4.x/5.x datatype, and it didn't seem to help much either.

I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to this,
    and any new tools to detect the securerom version for the games, since none of my detection software seems to work.

Go to http://www.aray-software.com for a protection scanner.

You should re-rip your images from the orignal cds with Alcohol. You cannot get a good image by mounting your ccd image and copying it.

Cheers
    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

made an .mds copy of it, now giving me "conflict with disc emulating software blah blah blah..." with DT

SecuROM 5.03.04.0003 is the protection
      any help?

Comment

Perhaps it will run from a mounted image in Daemon-Tools with all emulation options turned off.
        Do you have other software installed that may be the cause of the blacklist? i.e Alcohol 120%
        If this version of SecuROM is blacklisting D-Tools I am confident that it will be remedied in the next release

Cheers
        Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Working...
        X