DAEMON can't make an image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON can't make an image

I'm trying to make an ISO image out of a game of mine, Battlefield 1942(i've lost half of the discs but it can take any disc in to playand i have the cd key on the manual). It says it has hit a bad block and it it either is recoverable or unrecoverable.
    The block is always 1424 and (un)recoverable. Is this due to a faulty disc or copy protection? It also says have you selected the correct profile. I'm a first time DAEMON user.

Use SafeDisc profile in DT Pro.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by sportcrazy60 View Post
      Is this due to a faulty disc or copy protection?
      It's part of the copy protection.
      You will get much more of those bad blocks til sector ~10000.
      Some drives are fast in skipping those blocks, others take muuuuch longer.

If you have such a "bad skipper" you can try the good old Fastdump method:

P.S.: don't use the ISO format when creating the image; choose MDS or MDX
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Can I mount it?
        I'm using DT Lite.

Comment

Or do you mean the "advanced emulation"?

Comment

Originally Posted by sportcrazy60 View Post
            Can I mount it?
            I'm using DT Lite.
            Mount what ? The resulting MDS or MDX image in DT lite ?
            If that's your question: yes, DT lite can mount and create those image types.

Anyway, DT lite's Disc Imaging tool can't skip those bad blocks - has to be the Pro version for creation.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

20 days of trial.... I'll get the 20 day trial.

Comment

I managed to do one image but the rest fail. They hit the bad blocks and dont progress.

Comment

You have to wait. SafeDisc goes up to 10k.
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Can you give me the estimte how long it takes?

Comment

As already mentioned it solely depends on the drive.
                      Some drives take only seconds, in worst cases it can take hours.
                      Can't tell you an average value as i've always used my fastest skipper
                      Which drive(s) do you have ?

Have you already tried the Fastdump method ?
                      If it works it will also only take seconds to skip the bad blocks - no matter which drive you're using.
                      The required SafeDisc emulation can be activated in Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced
                      Last edited by Terramex; 28.04.2011, 15:40.

Comment

Its got those sectors at the end too.... I shouldnt worry? theyre recoverable.

Comment

It is on. On my drive it takes about a hour (not too bad)

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                            As already mentioned it solely depends on the drive.
                            Some drives take only seconds, in worst cases it can take hours.
                            Can't tell you an average value as i've always used my fastest skipper
                            Which drive(s) do you have ?

Have you already tried the Fastdump method ?
                            If it works it will also only take seconds to skip the bad blocks - no matter which drive you're using.
                            The required SafeDisc emulation can be activated in Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced
                            Fastdump?????

Comment

I guess you "fastread" Post #3 of this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X