Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uninstalled, and still having problems

Operating System: WinXP Pro corp
    Burning Software: Ahead Nero (nero express)
    Anti-virus Software: NAV2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.6

At one point, a while a go, I also had Alcohol 120, so keep this in mind, too. I used DT for a while, when I noticed that when I play Neverwinter NIghts, the main executable would seem to hang at the "CD with arrow Cursor". I assume this is a DT cursor, right? The game checks for the CD at this point, which the normal arrow goes to the CD cursor, then back to the regular cursor, and the game starts.

After so many runs of the game, however, sometime the game hangs, and always during the "CD Cursor" stage. I tried uninstalling DT, and reinstalling with a new version, then uninstalling again. I even tried checking out the System Devices mentioned in the "Common Problems" forum.

If this isn't a DT problem, great. But then that leads me back to square one.

Note, the game CDs are the original, I'm not going off any images or virtual drives. Earlier in my "DT career" I was trying various options, making virtual drives, but I think (hope) I got rid of them, and thought that, at first, they were part of the problem. I don't notice the problem with another game and CD I have currently in my other drive (Battlefield 1942), in case this helps.

The "CD cursor" is from SecuROM, the hang is most likely caused by SecuROM bugs.
    Do you have AnyDVD installed?
    Do you use newest NWN patch?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      The "CD cursor" is from SecuROM, the hang is most likely caused by SecuROM bugs.
      Do you have AnyDVD installed?
      Do you use newest NWN patch?

I have a DVD app called "PowerDVD", but the uninstaller app doesn't seem to want to run. Nothing called "Any DVD". Also, yeah, I have the newest patches for the game.

Comment

UPDATE (though not as good as I had hoped)

On a whim, I changed the CD from the DVD drive to the CD-RW drive, but same behaviour. In case that helps anyone.

Comment

Working...
        X