DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 1500

Hi, I am using "DAEMON Tools Lite v4.40.2 (with SPTD 1.76)" however whenever I try to run it, I get the error in the post title. I have googled and spent hours trying to fix it, before I sent support a ticket, never to receive a response. I can't remember everything I've tried, but it has included-
    1. Updating (was using an old version previously, while I used the old version I got a different error, but it didn't work anyway)
    2. Reinstalling SPTD
    3. Uninstalling Daemons Tools + SPTD, deleting all the relevant registry keys (I was suggested to do so by a support thread i found through google) and then reinstalling.
    None of this has solved the problem. ANY help at all would be hugely appreciated. I am using Windows XP 32bit SP3.

Three other things,
    -I am not using any security software
    -If I try to manually update the driver in Device Manager I get the "Corrupted Driver" error
    -I tried to install an older version, and got the error
    "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel Debugger must be deactivated."

Comment

Uninstall DAEMON Tools Lite.
      Please find "C:\Windows\inf\INFCACHE.1" and then move this file somewhere or rename it.
      Then restart your system, install DTLite again and check the problem with virtual devices.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
        Uninstall DAEMON Tools Lite.
        Please find "C:\Windows\inf\INFCACHE.1" and then move this file somewhere or rename it.
        Then restart your system, install DTLite again and check the problem with virtual devices.

I did this, and got the exact same error upon reinstalling DT Lite.

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

I still have been unable to fix this bug.

Comment

Please find your setupapi.log file (it should be stored in C:\Windows\) and send it to support-eml@disc-soft.com.
              Specify the link to current thread in the email.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                Please find your setupapi.log file (it should be stored in C:\Windows\) and send it to support-eml@disc-soft.com.
                Specify the link to current thread in the email.
                I did this a day or two ago, decided I should probably post here about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by alex5 View Post
                  I did this a day or two ago, decided I should probably post here about it.
                  Thank you!

Comment

It is now working again. Why exactly, I'm not sure, but here is what I have done:

I was looking to install another copy of Windows XP 32bit, in an effort to see what was causing the error, and have a version of windows which would work with Daemons Tools. After installing this second copy, I booted back up on the first copy of windows, and noticed some old autorun programs started up, including some graphics card overclocking/monitoring applications (Rivatuner, nVidia, ATITool), and Daemons Tools. Instead of giving me the same error, it just worked. Flawlessly, like nothing had ever happened.

I highly suspect the problem was related to some program interaction between Daemons Tools & Rivatuner or ATITool, but I have no idea what specifically.

Edit: I also noticed something odd with a game I play. Every time I log in the game, I usually have to accept the EULA/COC, except this time when I first logged back in, I was forced to scroll through the entire EULA/COC, which usually only happens the first time you log into the game after installing.
                    Last edited by alex5; 12.06.2011, 10:06.

Comment

Even after downloading the new version I am still receiving the Driver Error 1500, I have used this client for many years so I am confused why all of a sudden I am getting this error. I had to reformat so obviously it is a problem with Windows Xp... Imma check and see if pro will work.

Comment

Originally Posted by Xyrith View Post
                        Even after downloading the new version I am still receiving the Driver Error 1500, I have used this client for many years so I am confused why all of a sudden I am getting this error. I had to reformat so obviously it is a problem with Windows Xp... Imma check and see if pro will work.
                        We need special logs from your system:
                        1. Please, download "DTLogger.exe" from our FTP server http://files.disc-soft.com/download/DTLogger.exe
                        2. Run DTLogger.exe and click Install.
                        3. Then select "Common logging" option and click RUN.
                        4. Run DTLite to get "error 1500".
                        5. Return to DTLogger window and click STOP.
                        6. Then click Finish.
                        7. Explorer window will be opened in user profile folder.
                        8. Find "DAEMONToolsLog.zip" file and send this file together with your MSInfo to support-eml@disc-soft.com.

Comment

Working...
                        X