License problem with installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License problem with installation

i've had DT Pro Standard installed on an XP machine for just over a year. now need to install it on a new Windows 7 box but it is complaining about the license.

i revoked the instance installed on XP and tried to install v4.40.0311 as a new instance on Windows 7. after entering the serial number i get a dialog box that states, "Free upgrade period expired. Prolong free upgrades period to install this software version."

okay, so i understand that free upgrades were only for a year but i have had 4.40.0311 for over six months. i am not trying to install a version that was released after my free upgrades period expired. i have paid for this version. how could i possibly not be allowed to use it any more?!

please tell me how to fix this. thanks.

Please change your email address here in the forum to the one over at disc-soft.com, so we can check the account.

Also are you sure you downloaded the correct version?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

i have changed my e-mail address.

yes, it is the correct version. i downloaded it through secure.disc-soft.com so it would only allow me access to the version i had paid for (Pro Standard).

and in terms of it being a version number that was released during the 12 months i had paid for, i am also sure. i saved the .exe locally and the date stamp on it is still 16th November 2010.

thanks for the help.

Comment

I just checked your license and it is valid up to version 4.36.0309.

License expired on 07-Jun-2010.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

thanks Blazkowicz. that clears it up then!

my bad. i was sure i hadn't had it as long as that. and who knows why i was able to install and run 4.40 for all that time?

anyway, doesn't matter. i will cough up for a new license. thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X