Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Image name can't be longer then 16 characters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image name can't be longer then 16 characters.

I have contacted support about this.
    Hello.
    I have saved an ISO image which has a long name. I can't seem to add anything, because when i rename it, only first 16 characters are being saved. The rest is just being cut.
    What should i do?

This is the name i speak about

I can't seem to add anything after the "desktop-".
    First the support told be, it's DT STANDART restriction, then after i answered that i am using PRO (Advanced), they told me "This restriction is not related to any software, it is standard restriction for disc label value.".

My answer was that i can create images with longer names using other software, and i mentioned the software i used to build the image i had to edit later.

Their reply was simple - "DAEMON Tools Pro does not support such features.".

So is the DT going to support longer names, or you will (maybe not) add it to the "wishlist" for future releases ?

I think the question was not clear

I simply wanted to know why DT Image Editor does not support names longer then 16 characters. And will it support it?
    The problem is, that i can't seem to make this name longer, but i can do it in other software.

Comment

According to the standards the max. character limitation in the volume name should be:

- ISO9660: 32
      - Joilet: 16
      - UDF: 63 (without Unicode support: 126)

Can't tell you if future versions will comply with those standards.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        Can't tell you if future versions will comply with those standards.
        Can i suggest this?

Comment

Working...
        X