Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Gadget left virtual BD Drive - Can't remove it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Gadget left virtual BD Drive - Can't remove it.

Hey guys,
    • The bug/problem
      Just after installing DT lite, I added the desktop gadget and pressed the big green plus button to add a virtual drive. After a few seconds, the drive was added to control panel (E Drive) but it didn't appear in the desktop gadget (after the "updating drives" animation, it showed the big green plus button again).. so I can't remove the drive. I tried re-installing, and nothing..
    • Operating System and any major updates
      Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (No SP yet).
    • Version of DAEMON Tools
      Version: 4.40.2.0131
      SPTD Version: 1.76 (not used)
    • Burning software or other cd emulation software
      Only a portable Nero 10 (it is a fresh windows install).
    • ALL security, anti-virus, etc... software
      Avast 6.0.1125 + Windows firewall
    • FULL hardware specification
      Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
      North Bridge: AMD 790X
      South Bridge: AMD SB750
      Processor: AMD Phenom2 X4 920 (deneb)
      CD/DVD Drive: LG (Sata)

If there is anything else you consider relevant to mention, just poke me.

I've found no error event logs.

How can I remove the drive? it is not functional.

Cheers,
    Nyquist

You can use tray icon to remove virtual drive.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      You can use tray icon to remove virtual drive.
      Well, I supposed it was obvious I tried to remove the virtual drive using the program instead the gadget. Just in case, I'm uploading a screenshot.

However, thanks for the prompt response.

Cheers,
      Nyquist

Attached Files

Comment

what about uninstalling the virtual drive using device manager under DVD/CD-ROM drives listing?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Did you try to remove gagdet and then add it again? Or reboot?

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
            what about uninstalling the virtual drive using device manager under DVD/CD-ROM drives
            listing?
            I tried, but after rebooting, new hardware was found and well.. it's there.. again

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
            Did you try to remove gagdet and then add it again? Or reboot?
            Yes Sr. Both.. and it didn't solve the problem.

One strange thing, the drive is configured with a Microsoft driver, as you can see :S

Is there a possibility to configure the virtual drive with a DT driver and check if DT recognize it? Is that make
            any sense?

Also, is there any registry key that I can modify/delete to solve this issue?

Thanks guys,
            Nyquist
            Attached Files

Comment

1. Uninstall DTLite.
              2. Download appropriate SPTD installer from Disc-Tools.com.
              3. Run it and click "Uninstall" to uninstall SPTD driver.
              4. Install DTLite and check the problem.

Then try to install SPTD again if you need it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                1. Uninstall DTLite.
                2. Download appropriate SPTD installer from Disc-Tools.com.
                3. Run it and click "Uninstall" to uninstall SPTD driver.
                4. Install DTLite and check the problem.

Then try to install SPTD again if you need it.
                Problem solved.

Thanks guys

Comment

Sorry to reopen the thread, but I have a same/similar problem, but uninstalling DT and SPTD does not solve the problem. I rebooted betweenuninstalling DT and SPTD and installing DT again.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Intel H67 chipset, Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 10.6.0.1022 installed, INF update utility also installed and all drivers for the motherboard. DT Lite free license 4.41.3.0173 with SPTD 1.79.

Problem is the DT virtual drive does not show, same as for Nyquist, in the DT window, so I can't mount images. When I uninstall DT the drive is gone, good, reinstall, it comes back, but can't do anything with it except uninstall it from Device Manager if I don't want it to be there. I tried DT with and without the bundled SPTD and with the latest version (1.79) to no avail. SCSI virtual drives work fine using SPTD, can be added and removed. I tried uninstalling both DT and SPTD and installing SPTD first, reboot, the install DT (which correctly displayed SPTD already installed), but that did not change anything. I have not installed DriverScanner or whatever is bundled with DT Lite, not I installed the DT gadget or Windows integration, not had it create a desktop icon nor associated files with DT. Only the Start menu items were created.
                  I can live with this as is, but annoying that I can't "have it my way"

Comment

Please open Device Manager and check DT virtual drives' status. Are there any exclamation marks?
                    Do you use any security software?

Also you can try to update DTSoft Virtual Bus Driver manually:

Right-click on My Computer icon -> select Manage menu item -> navigate to Device Manager in Computer Management window.
                    Then unfold System Devices in the right side of the window and find "Unknown" device. Right-click on this device and click "Update Driver..." menu item.
                    In "Update Driver" wizard select "yes, this time only" and update the driver. "DAEMON Tools Virtual Bus Driver" device will appear.
                    Run DAEMON Tools and check the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X