Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant create IDE or SCSi drives

Got this problem since i changed os to Win7 x64

When i try to activate either IDE or SCSi it wants to install SPTD. Lets it install, reboots open up DT still not activated. Click it again wants to install it once again. Checked with SPTD stand alone installer, says its installed.
    Uninstalled DT Pro and leftover keys, removed SPTD completely from register, rebooted system, installed SPTD standalone (1.78 x64) Rebooted, installed DT Pro. Still it wants me to install SPTD when trying to activate IDE or SCSi.
    Anyone got an answer?
    (btw using newest version of DT Pro)

What's your security software?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I am using Comodo Internet Security with only the antivirus part enabled.

Comment

Anyone with any good suggestions what to do?
        oh and i forot to mention that the DT drives works perfectly,
        it is just the IDE and SCSi.

Comment

So are you sure D+ is completely deactivated (and not just put the lever to the left, there is actually an option to disable it which requires a reboot)?
          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
          Peace Through Power

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean

Comment

He's talking about Defense+
              http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-20...-Settings.html
              Last edited by Terramex; 18.06.2011, 21:53.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks a lot, worked like a charm.
                Didnt realise i had to "manually" disable it.

Comment

Hey

I have the same problem, with Avira and ZoneAlarm.

I tried to disable them, but it doesn't working.

Help please. ^^

Comment

Originally Posted by Maysi View Post
                    ...and ZoneAlarm.
                    Security software solutions | DAEMON Pro Help
                    Last edited by Terramex; 26.07.2011, 12:46.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.
                      I have SPTD 1.78 (x64) already installed, and it gets detected by the standalone installer, however, both DT Pro Advanced 4.41.315 (trial) and DT Lite 4.41.3 (uninstalled it when I installed the trial for Pro) can't seem to find it somehow as it keeps asking to install it.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with SP1 and Eset NOD32 Smart Security 4 (both firewall and antivirus/antispyware).

I've checked the Security Software Solutions page, however NOD32 isn't included.
                      I've also tried disabling most of NOD's protections before trying again, to no avail.

Comment

Have you already tried to uncheck Potentially unwanted applications under ThreatSense engine parameter setup -> Options

To rule out the problem to be related to ESET, is it all right with you to temporarily uninstall the whole suite ?
                        You can save your current configuration of ESET Smart Security to be able to use it later.
                        Importing and exporting configurations is available in Advanced mode under Setup.
                        Now please first uninstall DT Pro & SPTD, then reinstall DT Pro & SPTD after a reboot.

Comment

I've done the following, yet the problem still persists (keeps asking for SPTD driver):
                          - Uninstall NOD32, reboot
                          - Uninstall DAEMON Tools, reboot
                          - Uninstall SPTD, reboot
                          - Check SPTD status with standalone installer: none detected.
                          - Install DAEMON Tools including SPTD 1.78, reboot
                          - Check SPTD status with standalone installer: 1.78 found
                          - Try adding a SCSI disc: asks to install SPTD driver, allow and reboot
                          - Reinstall NOD32 as it seems it's not the source of the problem.

I've never had this sort of problems with DT in the past, it worked flawlessly, even with SPTD although it has been some time since I last upgraded.
                          This machine hasn't had a prior version of DT on it though, only thing that has changes is the mobo and CPU, though I can't imagine that that is the problem... (switched from ASUS P5K with Intel C2Q Q6600 to an MSI 880G-E45 with AMD Phenom II X6 a few months ago, followed by a clean install of W7)

Where does DT get the location for the SPTD driver from?
                          It has to get it from somewhere to determine whether or not it has to install it.
                          Can't this be bypassed somehow? Like manually directing it to the driver?

Comment

Please follow this article Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help and then check the problem.

Comment

Had already tried most of what's on that page, however, reinstalling SPTD after cleaning the registry seems to have no effect on the problem. (neither with nor without DT installed)
                              I've also checked the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum permissions, granted 'Everyone' and 'System' full access, changed the owner to my account and made the subkeys recursively take these from their parent.
                              It gave me an error that it couldn't set it for one or more subkeys, however, after checking the permissions for keys that I thought could possibly be used by either DT or SPTD it seemed that they were set according to plan.

I've also tried updating and reinstalling SPTD with both NOD32 and Spybot S&D v2.0.5.0 disabled, which also didn't work. (I thought of Spybot after I tried it with NOD32 uninstalled)
                              I'm starting to think it's some other driver or application that has a problem with the SPTD driver being loaded or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X