GTA IV Error ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA IV Error ??

Hello. I have DT PRO 4.41 Trial version. I tryed back up GTA IV (Securom 7) mds/mdf image.

But DT Pro gave error message and image process stopped. Meanwhile I selected "New Securom Profile" and I tryed different DPM speeds.

DT Pro Error Message is :

"DPM associated call failed."

"Disc imaging failed. Make sure you have selected correct profile"

Note: My optical drive is LG BH08LS20 blu-ray/DVD rewriter

and I have intel P55 chipset

Can you help me ?

Did you also tried different normal read speed?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes I did. But it did not work

I can make ISO image only.

Comment

Do you have a solution ?

Comment

Update : I tryed also Lite on IHAS 124 DVD writer. But DT Pro gave same error message.

Update 2 : I tryed Alcohol 120. Alcohol started imaging process. But imaging process stopped %55 which Alcohol 120 failed.

I do not know, what is wrong? I am using Windows 7 x64 SP1

Comment

Those drives are then not capable of creating DPM correctly and/or disc is a bit scratched.
            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 19.06.2011, 19:24.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

You immediately get the "DPM associated call failed." message after hitting the Start button ?
              Please retry with "Lock media during grab" and "Open device exclusively" options checked.

Normally both the LG and LiteOn should be capable of doing the DPM.
              So there seems to be some other issue.
              Which other apps accessing optical drives do you have installed ?

In case you can't find the culprit just create an ISO, rename the extension to MDF and
              try it combined with one of the attached files - you need to adjust the filenames.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Terramex; 19.06.2011, 19:00.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                You immediately get the "DPM associated call failed." message after hitting the Start button ?
                Yes.

I will try your advices, thank you

Comment

It did not work. Same error.

I tryed another computer. (a Dell notebook) I installed DT Pro trial Dell notebook. I tryed GTA IV back up mds/mdf image. But DT Pro gave same error.

Note: Game disc is working. I installed game with using original physical disc

I think, DT Pro have a interesting bug.

Comment

Notebook drives very often are not qualified for DPM usage.
                    So i won't consider that as a general bug (or does it work using Alcohol ?).

But your desktop drives at least should start the DPM process
                    You didn't mention other apps accessing optical drives so i take it you don't have any.
                    You could try to temporarily disable all non-Microsoft services in the System Configuration utility (msconfig),
                    and then retry the image creation with DT Pro.
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Update:

I set new system. I mean, I installed new fresh Windows 7 SP1 64 bit and other hardware drivers up to date

I installed DT PRO 4.41 Trial. (No installed other programs like alcohol))

I tryed again GTA IV backup image mds/mdf. I selected new securom.

But it did not work. DT Pro gave error message "DPM associated call failed.

My optic driver Lite On IHAS group.

I do not know, what is wrong?
                      Last edited by mastek; 29.06.2011, 10:00.

Comment

This drive series is available with MediaTek (A & B) and Optiarc (Y) chipsets.
                        What's the exact name of your iHAS 124 in device manager ?
                        I will try to get my hands on it and do some tests.

Which Motherboard do you have and in case it holds 2 different SATA controllers:
                        which port is your LiteOn connected to ?

Also, would you please attach a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation needed) ?

btw. does on of my mds files work with your version ?
                        Last edited by Terramex; 29.06.2011, 18:09.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                          This drive series is available with MediaTek (A & B) and Optiarc (Y) chipsets.
                          What's the exact name of your iHAS 124 in device manager ?
                          I will try to get my hands on it and do some tests.

Which Motherboard do you have and in case it holds 2 different SATA controllers:
                          which port is your LiteOn connected to ?

Also, would you please attach a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation needed) ?

btw. does on of my mds files work with your version ?
                          First of all; thank you for your help.

My optical drive is Lite On IHAS 124 B ATA Device

My mainboard is Gigabyte GA-P55AUD3R

Comment

I uploaded *.arn file from my system.

Download here:

AutoRuns.arn

My hope, this problem can solve. I am waiting your answer. Thank you.

Comment

I don't see traces of any known "troublemaker" in your Autoruns file.
                              But it seems the SPTD access layer isn't installed on your system.
                              Would you please open the DT Pro installation folder and run the SPTDinst-x64.exe -> Install.
                              Reboot & retry the image creation.

Comment

Working...
                              X