No problem, just saying thanks. :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem, just saying thanks. :-)

I own three copies of Warcraft III, two copies of Stronghold, and two copies of Freedom Force, among many others. I own these copies because I have a six year old son and a two year old daughter.

With your tool, and Alcohol 120%, I am able to maintain my CD collection as images. It took over a terabyte of external drives -- but thankfully USB 2.0 runs at 480Mbps and I only needed five 200Gb drives -- but the process is nearly done. Without Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%, it wouldn't be possible.

No more digging through six binders of CDs to find what I want, no more coming home to find my discs totally destroyed because I forgot to eject them from my computer. The game companies, for the most part, are just trying to protect against piracy. I know this, and I don't resent them for that. I hope they understand what I'm trying to prevent -- a loss of one of my favored games just because I chose to have children.

(Yes, Alcohol 120% does virtual drive emulation as well but I've had fewer problems with Daemon Tools. Also, the DT team seems to be a bit more responsive in some cases. In the end it could always be me being a moron, too. )

So, I registered it. Next pay period I'll register the copy I use on my son's machine and if my wife decides she wants to play with us, I'll register hers too.

Thanks for a great product.

Now if someone had a version of this for the PlayStation 2. If I took a digital photo of my Champions of Norrath game I wager many of you would cry. It will never play again.. :\

Sounds like you need a safe...

Me, I use Daemon Tools because many of the games I play still use CD Audio music (evil, if you ask me), which causes a lot of noise from the CD/DVD drive. This wasn't much of a problem until my quiet 8x CD drive decided to kick the bucket. The 52x CD drives makes so much noise, playing games with CD audio music was grating on my nerves. I could use analogue audio mode, but some of the games switch tracks very often, causing long pauses in gameplay in analogue mode. None of those two problems exist with Daemon Tools.

Other games that access the CD during gameplay (as opposed to just checking them at startup, which I can live with) are also much better to play with Daemon Tools.

Comment

Working...
    X