Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Needs Drivers

Hello.

I recently downloaded Daemon Tools in an attempt to mount a ISO file. When I tried to do this, I could not find a way to mount my ISO. I went to to the virtual devices menu in the disc tray but the only option was to "Add SCSI Virtual Device". There were no virtual drives already created. I tried to add a "SCSI Virtual Device" but Windows asked me immediately for the drivers for the new hardware. I searched both automatically and manually but to no avail.

After trying to mount several other ways, such as clicking on the ISO file itself (unsuccessful) and using the add device key in the program (unsuccessful), I finally tried re installing and rebooting and attempting these things again, Daemon Tools gave me a message something along the lines of "All virtual Drivers are full". At this point I was pretty annoyed so I tried using several other ISO mounters including WinCDEmu and Alcohol 52, but they were even less successful.

I eventually uninstalled all these and redownloaded Daemon Tools to try again, yet it still will not mount my ISO. I looked through the forums here but I could not find anything to solve my problem, so I decided to post here. It may be some interference with another program on my computer, as this computer seems somewhat mixed up to me in that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

-Sash

Specs : ASUS Notebook 50IJ - Pentium Dual Core T4200 2.00 GHZ - 3.00 GB Memory - Windows Vista SP2 Hope Premium (x64) OS

Slighly different scenario, but please check if some info of this help section assists you in solving your issue:
    No virtual drive in My Computer | DAEMON Pro Help
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Windows cannot find DT drivers - Still a problem

Thank you Terramex, but I have been trying but to no avail. I have tried that earlier, but in DVD/CD-ROM Drivers, all I find is that for my hardware disc drive (Mashita DVD-RAM UJ880JS). I cannot find a entry for DAEMON Tools there, although it might have something to do with the deference between my Vista and Win 7 in the instructions (Though this seems unlikely). However, It looking at the Disc Drivers Details under my Mashita Drive, I found two drivers called 'cdrom.sys' and 'GEARAspiWDM.sys'. From reading, I understand that it may be that GEARAspiWDM.sys may be interfering with DT. However, I am not clear on how to solve this if this happens to be the problem. Any more suggestions? Thanks you for all answers!

-Sash

Comment

I reckon the GEAR driver isn't the culprit; nevertheless i'd try the following.

Use ImgBurn's Filter Driver tool to remove the GEAR driver
        The ImgBurn Functions - ImgBurn Support Forum

Uninstall DAEMON Tools & SPTD (using the standalone SPTD installer), reboot
        DuplexSecure - Downloads

Run this Microsoft FixIt solution, reboot
        Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

Install SPTD using the standalone installer, reboot, install DAEMON Tools.

Please note that the program that installed the GEAR driver (e.g. iTunes) won't work properly anymore.
        If the non-working functions are essential you need re-install the GEAR driver.
        Driver updates - GEAR Software
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thank you very much! I have tried that. As you said though, it was still to no avail. Using Fixit, I tried to just do it automatically, as I could not find a drive to repair other than the actual DVD/CD drive. I cannot find any way for Windows to recognize any virtual drives and now DT tells me that I have the maximum number of virtual SCSI drives already. I do not know what to do anymore and about to give up. If you have any final suggestions, that would be great. Thanks for all the help you have given.

-Sash

Comment

Running out of ideas, sorry.
            Please contact the official first-level-support with reference to this thread:
            Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com

Comment

Working...
            X