Unable to uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to uninstall

So, earlier today I was trying to install Daemon Tools Lite, which I did with success. Then I rebooted my computer like I was prompted to. Once my computer turned back on Daemon Tools Lite started automatically updating itself. Which I accidently closed, which caused it to go nonsresponsive, which I closed. Now Daemon Tools Lite doesn't work at all. So, I'm trying to uninstall it and then reinstall it. However, when I uninstall it it comes to a screen that says

"Uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite
    Output folder: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp
    Execute: regscr32.exe /s /u "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTGadget32.dll"

and it stays on this screen forever and will not uninstall any further. What do I do?

I am going through the same exact problem.

blinker

Comment

Please specify your OS and DAEMON Tools version.
      Describe your problem more detailed and post some screenshots which may help us to understand the problem.

Comment

I am having the same problem too, the uninstall gets stuck at this part.

Uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite
        Output folder: K:\Users\[ANON]\AppData\Local\Temp
        Execute: regsvr32.exe /s /u "K:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTGadget32.dll"
        Execute: regsvr32.exe /s /u "K:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTGadget64.dll"

File version is 4.40.2.131, Operating System is Win7-64. Security is no matter, program receives administrative rights and has access through security.

Comment

We need special logs from your system:

1. Please download "DTLogger.exe" from our server http://files.disc-soft.com/download/DTLogger.exe
          2. Run DTLogger.exe and click Install.
          3. Then select "Common logging" option and click RUN.
          4. Reproduce reported problem.
          5. Return to DTLogger window and click STOP.
          6. Then click Finish.
          7. Explorer window will be opened in user profile folder.
          8. Find "DAEMONToolsLog.zip" file and send it to support-eml@disc-soft.com.

Also please send us your MSinfo and specify the link to current thread in the email.

Comment

I am facing the same problem. however, I do not know how to deal with it

Comment

Please send us the following info:

- logs from your system (look at http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/una...20/#post133510 post)
              - MSinfo
              - setupapi.log file

Also check your event logs for any errors.

Comment

Working...
              X