v4.41.3 does not work properly under WinXP Home Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4.41.3 does not work properly under WinXP Home Edition

I tried to upgrade DAEMON Tools Lite from version 4.40.2 to version 4.41.3 yesterday on three computers using Windows XP Professional (HTPC), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (desktop PC) and Windows XP Home Edition (netbook).

The upgrade went well with the first two machines, but on the netbook DAEMON Tools Lite sent me in an endless "Need to reboot" loop, whenever I tried to install a virtual SCSI device it said that SPTD needed to be activated and that this required a reboot. After the reboot, same story.

Once in a while I succeeded in actually creating the virtual SCSI device and to configure its parameters (name LG/BH10LS30/1.04, drive letter V:, region 2, send activation ON etc.). However, after closing and opening DAEMON Tools Lite, the just created virtual SCSI device was gone. A reboot did not resolve this. Trying to create another virtual SCSI device sent me back into the reboot loop.

Do you use any security software on your netbook?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      Do you use any security software on your netbook?
      Yes, of course.

F-Secure Internet Security 2011.

Comment

Please follow this guide - Security software solutions | DAEMON Pro Help (the part about F-Secure).

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
          Please follow this guide - Security software solutions | DAEMON Pro Help (the part about F-Secure).
          Thanks a lot!
          I will try that.

But why did it work flawlessly on the other two machines (which use the identical version of F-Secure), without having to turn off Deep Guard?

Just wondering...

Comment

Originally Posted by ostbey View Post
            Thanks a lot!
            I will try that.

But why did it work flawlessly on the other two machines (which use the identical version of F-Secure), without having to turn off Deep Guard?

Just wondering...
            Perhaps you don't use SPTD on those machines (there is incompatibility issue between SPTD driver and F-Secure).

In case previous guide doesn't help, check this one - Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

I've just tested v1.41 (SecuROM 7.42.0004) in my usually problematic Vista system.
              Running fine in vSCSI of DT lite 4.41.3.

That message doesn't indicate a blacklisting problem.
              Maybe your system generates too much CPU load or the SecuROM check is affected by something else

Comment

Working...
              X