Drive freeze after unmount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive freeze after unmount

I have a weird problem with the latest version of Daemon Tools Lite: When I mount an image it works just fine, but when I unmount it, the virtual drive remains just like it was not unmounted, but is not accesible anymore. The icon is still there, like I said just if it was mounted. Then when I mount another image, the icon remains from the previous image and the autorun no longer works. Windows is fresh install, didn't have any problems with an older version of Daemon Tools Lite. I am using Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, all latest updates installed on Pentium 4 3 ghz, 1 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, Geforce 7600 GT AGP (I don't think it matters). No security software installed, I have just scanned it with multiple online antivirus software.

Originally Posted by neorazvan View Post
    The icon is still there, like I said just if it was mounted. Then when I mount another image, the icon remains from the previous image and the autorun no longer works.
    Which icon do you mean? In DAEMON Tools Lite window or in Windows Explorer?
    Post some screenshots which may halp us to understand your problem.

Comment

Yes in Windows Explorer, just when opening My computer. So, right now I have installed Hellgate London from a backup image of my DVD, all worked OK, now when trying to unmount it, it remains just like if it was mounted, but is not accesible. Just to explain better I have made a screenshoot:

Image UNmounted:

Then when I try to mount another image here you have it:

All this can be solved by a computer restart, but it is very annoying.

Comment

Did you try to reopen Windows Explorer?

Comment

I sad the problem is solved by a computer restart. Anyway, I am not very satisfied with Daemon Tools, poor support on the forum, it has a lot of bugs, moving to Alcohol 120% commercial license.

Comment

The forum is more of an user-to-user support and doesn't represent the primary support which can be found here:
            Send Message :: Disc-Soft.com

If you deem Sway's "trivial" question unsatifactory please have a look here:
            CD Rom drive shows contents of previous CD
            XP does not recognize a new CD or DVD disk when inserted such as when installing software or game on multiple disks

P.S.:
            i personally doubt you will get faster support for a freeware at many other forums ...at the weekend.
            ...and btw. Alcohol is using the same virtual SCSI drive engine as DAEMON Tools

EDIT:
            Do you have the same issue in your real drive ?
            Can you cross check with that older DT version if that problem is gone (if present, also uninstall current SPTD version) ?
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

BTW, you didn't specify the type of virtual drive that you use.
              If you use DT devices, try to install SPTD and check the problem with SCSI devices.

Comment

There we're no issues with real drives. Installed latest version of SPTD and the problems appears to be fixed, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X