Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dtsoftbus01.sys crashes my computer!

Hello,

Since i installed Daemon tools (latest version) my computer keeps crashing (black screen and reboot) everytime i play a game. It can be after 1 minute, 5 minutes or 10 mintutes.

In the system eventlog i get Failed to load system boot driver.... dtsoftbus01.sys.

I have uninstalled daemon tools but the dtsoftbus01.sys error still occurs. I have removed the daemon tools from device manager (dtsoftbus with yellow warning triangle in device manager) after i uninstalled daemon tools since it was still there.

I have tried to delete all my settings with verifier but still the same crashes occur constantly. Yesterday i tried to install sptd and then install daemon tools again (bsod during installation of daemon tools this time). And when i play a game the computer still crashes, this thime the system eventlog saya "unexpected shutdown", but i am 100% sure it has to do with daemon tools.

What can i try??? I can't play any games anymore efter installing daemon tools. I have also reinstalled the whole computer but still the same crashes occur after installing daemon tools.

Cheers

As the forum doesn't provide the main support please also contact the official technical
    support team with reference to this thread: Contacts :: DAEMON-Tools.cc

dtsoftbus01.sys isn't supposed to remain in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\Drivers after you've uninstalled DT.
    Is there a recent crash dump file in %WINDIR%\Minidump ?
    Which OS are you using ?
    What security software are you using ?
    Which motherboard (or Notebook model) do you have ?
    Would you please attach a zipped Autoruns arn file ?

P.S.: i guess it isn't related, but which game is it ? Where is the image located ? Which image type ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I can check for a minidump file when i get home.

The dtsoftbus01.sys does get removed from the drivers folder, but it remains as a yellow exclamation mark on in "device manager".

OS i Windows 7 proffesional 64bit.

I uninstalled all security software at the moment beacause Microsoft Security Essentials also crashed the computer (together with DT) before.

It occurs in every game, it can be a game installed with steam for example Team Fortress 2 ord last night it was Sims 3. No image is mounted at the time, i have tried to shutdown DT also but still the computer crashed everytime.

Thanks for a quick reply.

Comment

Working...
      X