Thanks + a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks + a question

After a lot of reading here I figured out what to do with a .cue file inside of a .svcd folder. Burning the image creates an mpeg2 that can be now viewed on your PC using a prog such as WMP9. I would now want to take the next step, which would be to figure out what the .bin file is for. I don't yet own a DVD burner but want to know how to use it when I get one. I would like to take all my old VCR family tapes and turn them into a DVD. I would also like to find out how to make backups of my legally obtained DVD's that I own, in addition to using a DVD burner to backup other PC files. There are so mant different formats of video authoring and compression, and so many tools available I find it quite confusing. To keep it simple, would someone just please explain the purpose of a .bin file, and what I can use it for.
    Thanks!

if you burnt it and its working, there is no next step left... a .cue file is just the 'cooking recipe' for the actual disk data contained in the .bin file.

Comment

Well, that clears that question up. Thanks! Now, about turning VCR into DVD......

Comment

well, as i don't burn DVDs i can't help you with that... but there are a load of authoring progs on the web. For VCR to machine, you'll just need the hardware (a TV card or something else with TV-in) and a prog... i keep using InterVideos WinDVR, it's very simple to use and more than capable enough. But as tastes (and needs) are different, this is really something you'll have to check out on your own. If you want to do it seriously, i'm afraid there is NO way except to overcome your confusion about all those formats and tools by taking the time to learn and make up your mind about that on your own.

Comment

Working...
        X