DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device Failed. Help? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device Failed. Help? :(

So Daemon tools was working fine, and today it doesn't D: I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Daemon tools, but when it get's to adding a drive, it doesn't. I can't mount anything as there are no mounting options and the buttons are greyed out. Please help D: Cheers.

Please specify your OS and DAEMON Tools version.
    Describe your problem more detailed. Post some screenshots which may help us to understand the problem.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. When I go to add a virtual device I see the bubble by the clock say "Installing device software," at which point that bubble turns into one that says "Device driver was not successfully installed." I'm using Win7 and version 4.41.3.0173 please help me!!

Comment

Please find setupapi.dev.log file and send it to support-eml@disc-soft.com with the link to current thread.

Comment

i have this same problem i dont know how or what the setupai.dev.log file is please explain.

Comment

i have the same problem too... it was working fine for so long... windows 7 64bit

Comment

Originally Posted by klobey View Post
              i have the same problem too... it was working fine for so long... windows 7 64bit
              Please describe your problem more detailed. Add some screenshots which may help us to understand the problem.
              Specify your DAEMON Tools version.

Comment

I have the same problem with DTLite4451-0236.exe (I tried previous versions too).
                I attached the setupapi.dev.log (cut out redundant and zip):
                setupapi.dev.zip

Comment

Judic, try the following way:
                  1. Uninstall DTLite.
                  2. Rename "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\INFCACHE.1" file and reboot your system.
                  3. Then install DTLite again.
                  Searching in setupapi.log I've found that your system cannot find and install standard MS cdrom.sys driver for DT virtual drive.
                  I hope proposed way to fix the problem will help you.
                  Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT2 View Post
                    Judic, try the following way:
                    1. Uninstall DTLite.
                    2. Rename "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\INFCACHE.1" file and reboot your system.
                    3. Then install DTLite again.
                    Searching in setupapi.log I've found that your system cannot find and install standard MS cdrom.sys driver for DT virtual drive.
                    I hope proposed way to fix the problem will help you.
                    I tried this but without success, I attached my setupapi.dev file:
                    setupapi.dev2.zip
                    please help

Comment

Try to point cdrom.sys (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys) manually.

Comment

Finally I solved the problem as described in http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/una...tml#post104167
                        Just wondering why this happened?

Comment

i have the same problem i install dtlite 4451-0236 and reboot. when i add virtual drive. i have this window
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	echec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	193449

i'm on windows 7 integral Service pack 1

thank for your help

Comment

Please try this Microsoft FixIt solution: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

If that doesn't help please also have a look at this help topic: No virtual drive in My Computer | DAEMON Pro Help
                            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

i tried the Microsoft FixIt solution and it worked but i still don't unfderstand because i tried all the previous solutions and nothing worked.
                              i use the version 4.35.6.0091 and i want to upgrade to the new version but the last time i did this my virtual drive disappear.

do you think it can happen again ??

thanks for all

Comment

Working...
                              X