• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS problem with fix

Operating System: Win XP Pro
    Burning Software: InstantWrite, Sonic MyDVD, DVDXCopy
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

I installed Daemon Tools and on restart I would get the BSoD saying NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS. Doing a system restore (which has saved my butt on a number of occasions) would rectify the problem. This would happen after I tried installing the software several times. On the third or fourth installation I got Daemon Tools to work with 1 drive but as soon as I went to 4 drives the same BSoD would happen. I couldnt find a straight forward work-around to the problem here in the forum so I did a bit of research and found a couple other programs causing the same thing with elaborate work arounds. I found the simplest, tried it, and now everything works according to plan (at least so far). So here it is for those who may have the same problem:

In safe mode run regedit. Do a search for IRPstack in the registry and get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters. Modify IRPStackSize, setting it to decimal 12 (mine was set at 11). Restart and everything should work fine.

If anybody sees a problem with this please let me know. If you have an idea why this fixed it or if Im setting myself up for future problems, again please let me know. I hope this can help someone.
Working...
X