Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a fix - Daemon Tools Lite Advanced Emulation Not Working

I found a fix to:

It's called downgrading (i.e. uninstall current version, then install downgraded version + the new SPTD)
    SPTD Update:
    32-bit: Disc-Tools.com
    64-bit: Disc-Tools.com
    Personally, I re-named the SPTD patches to "SPTDinst-x86" and "SPTDinst-x64" respectively, and poped them into my daemon tools folder (not that it really matters, this isn't required)

Steps I took:
    1. Uninstall current version (if prompted to restart, do so)
    2. Download and Install SPTD update (if prompted to restart, do so)
    3. Download and Install Daemon Tools Lite (the older version)
    4. Have a beer
    *If you still have complications, uninstall the SPTD driver & ensure to delete C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys
    Ironically enough, the newest version of daemon tools lite doesn't even have the updated SPTD driver

You see sometimes software developers sometimes feel the need to break things which weren't broken before (like by removing the "Advanced Emulation" checkbox from the "Advanced" tab under "Preferences")
    This desire usually stems from a lack of attention, as well as a desire to feel more important by having freeware users flock to the forums to find solutions

My recommendations:
    Instead of coding, try grabbing a beer & watching the next big game.
    P.S. This was not an Alcohol 120 pun, but now that i thought of it I probably should've made it that way =/

I see no profit to use old DTLite with the latest SPTD version. What's the point?

Moreover, I do not understand which bug in SPTD 1.79 are you talking about?

Originally Posted by John128 View Post
    Ironically enough, the newest version of daemon tools lite doesn't even have the updated SPTD driver
    DTLite 4.41.3 could not contain the latest SPTD because SPTD 1.79 was released later.

Comment

Originally Posted by John128 View Post
      You see sometimes software developers sometimes feel the need to break things which weren't broken before (like by removing the "Advanced Emulation" checkbox from the "Advanced" tab under "Preferences")
      Advanced Emulation checkbox isn't there anymore as you need to have virtual SCSI/IDE adapter active.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
        I see no profit to use old DTLite with the latest SPTD version. What's the point?

Moreover, I do not understand which bug in SPTD 1.79 are you talking about?

DTLite 4.41.3 could not contain the latest SPTD because SPTD 1.79 was released later.
        I like how you gave me an infraction so I couldn't even post a response - awesome.

To answer your infraction:
        -I posted here to report the bug
        -I posted to the thread to inform the OP about the fix to his bug
        -I posted in the suggestions to suggest that you update daemon tools lite to contain the newest SPTD drivers

Whatever helps you sleep at night mr. admin

Comment

Which wasn't working with the old version of SPTD and the current DT lite version, even after adding the adapter I had nothing but greyed boxes

Whether or not this was an issue specific to the newest version - I don't know

I've fixed my problem and offered a solution (temporary though it may be) to anyone else having the same issue.

I would test more but I've already spent enough time on this - I'm done, and I'm out.

I do still appreciate the free software, so thanks for that - was just having fun with my bugreport =p

Comment

Hi, john1288
            "Advanced Emulation" option was removed from the latest DTLite, because you do not need to enable any options to add SCSI drives now. You just need to click "Add SCSI Virtual Drive" button and that's all (you will be prompted to install SPTD to enable this feature). This is the only difference in working with/without "Advanced Emulation" option.
            As for your "bug report", you just brought strange discussion and do not reported problem, you provided some workaround instead.
            The only string
            Which wasn't working with the old version of SPTD and the current DT lite version, even after adding the adapter I had nothing but greyed boxes
            in this topic allows to guess what is the bug.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.
            You installed latest DTLite 4.41.3 and cannot add SCSI drives.

It will be helpful if you describe your actions in step-by-step view and specify exact text of error/warning if you get it.
            Explain what did you mean:
            I had nothing but greyed boxes
            Some screenshots are welcome.
            Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Working...
            X