Can't remove drives, can't uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't remove drives, can't uninstall

Hey. I just installed version 4.41.3.0173 of Daemon Tools Lite with SPTD Version 1.79 and now I can't remove drives or uninstall the program. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit with Avira, avast! and COMODO.

If I try to remove a drive the screen goes blank and the computers shuts down. Same when trying to uninstall. Before this I had an old version of Daemon from three years ago which worked flawlessly. I uninstalled it before installing this one.

Just after installing the new version this morning I was able to mount add and remove drives a couple of times without problem. But now it kills my PC.

The windows/minidump folder is empty after every crash.

Please help me!!

Did you try to disable Defense+ completely in Comodo (there is an option which requires a reboot). After reboot try to remove a virtual drive.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes, I did.

Comment

Please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Here it is:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks

Comment

So... ?? You don't care that your program kills people's computers?

Comment

Download proper SPTD setup from duplexsecure.com and use it to remove SPTD driver. Then reboot and try to uninstall DAEMON Tools.

And no, our program does not kill anybody's computers. At least in case these computers don't have various security software which can have compatibility issues with SPTD driver.

Most likely the problem with your PC is related to Avast antivirus. This issue was already reported to Avast support and we cannot fix their software.

Comment

@PPP53
                For my part, i've missed your post, sorry about that.
                Just in case Sway's advice doesn't fix your problem please also have a look here and here (Method 2)
                for manual removal of SPTD and DAEMON Tools lite.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                X