Trying to add a SCSI drive but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to add a SCSI drive but...

Hello, I am running windows 7 x64. When I try to add a scsi drive I am asked to reboot. After the PC has started up again there is no drive added, so I try again and I am asked to reboot. Round and round it goes.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Is SPTD successfully installed (check About window)?
    Any error in Device Manager?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

No SPTD is not installed, that's why it says it needs to reboot, to install that. I have downloaded the installer and according to that SPTD is installed so I don't understand why DT isn't detecting it.

Comment

Also there are no errors in Device Manager.

Comment

I'm having this same issue. It started with not being able to mount an image on Windows 7 (kept getting the "Windows cannot access the disc, it might be corrupt"-error message). I've been un- and reinstalling Daemon Tools for two hours now (yes, including deleting those registry keys), and now I can't not only still not mount the image, I can't even add an SCSI drive now.

The image works fine on WinXP, so it's not broken. I'm sure that it'd work if I'd slap it on a physical disc, but it's 30GB+ so that's not really going to happen.

Comment

Originally Posted by The-Integrater View Post
            No SPTD is not installed, that's why it says it needs to reboot, to install that. I have downloaded the installer and according to that SPTD is installed so I don't understand why DT isn't detecting it.
            Specify your security software. Did you try to disable it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Jolan View Post
              I'm having this same issue. It started with not being able to mount an image on Windows 7 (kept getting the "Windows cannot access the disc, it might be corrupt"-error message). I've been un- and reinstalling Daemon Tools for two hours now (yes, including deleting those registry keys), and now I can't not only still not mount the image, I can't even add an SCSI drive now.

The image works fine on WinXP, so it's not broken. I'm sure that it'd work if I'd slap it on a physical disc, but it's 30GB+ so that's not really going to happen.
              Is your problem reproducible with all images or with exact one?
              Do you use any security software?

Comment

I tried to disable my security software (comodo and avast) but I still get the same problem.

Comment

Try to uninstall Comodo and check the problem. There are known compatibility issues between Comodo and SPTD driver.

Comment

Uninstalling Comodo solved the problem. Thanks for the help.

Comment

A little bit late, but in addition, please also have a look here: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/can...tml#post133718

Maybe enough to solve the problem.
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                        Is your problem reproducible with all images or with exact one?
                        Do you use any security software?
                        It was just one image. Turns out that it didn't work at first because (I guess) of the STPD-issue, but one of the fixes I tried before discovering that issue actually existed was re-combining the image (to make sure it wasn't really corrupt). Apparently, that actually ended up corrupting it. So the STPD-fix worked, the rest of my troubles were a bad case of pebkac.

Comment

Working...
                        X