"Mounting Image", nothing happens, not in "My Computer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mounting Image", nothing happens, not in "My Computer"

So I mounted an .iso file, and then it shows a little box saying "Mounting image..." and then it dissapears and nothing happens. After googling for an answer to my problem, i went on My computer and checked for the drive. Nothing. Also, I tried going to preferences, then integration, then checking the .iso box, and re-mounting. Still nothing. I have DAEMON Tools Lite v4.45.1, the most recent one basically since i downloaded it today. The same problem has occured when I tried using Daemon tools the past, i just never bothered solving it (I had downloaded an older version about a year ago, and then uninstalled it once it didnt work).

Sorry if this problem has been solved in the past, but i really did look for it, and found similar questions, but nothing that solved my problem. What should I do?

Originally Posted by bogbog View Post
    ...i went on My computer and checked for the drive. Nothing.
    Does "nothing" mean there is no virtual drive, or there's nothing mounted ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

There's no virtual drive (I think). There's only C:, D:, F:, G:, H:, and I: . but those are always there anyways.

Comment

Please have a look at this help topic: No virtual drive in My Computer | DAEMON Pro Help
        Also, which security program(s) are you using ?
        Last edited by Terramex; 21.11.2011, 01:34.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

So I read the the topic, followed instructions about copying certain files from one folder to another, but those files already exist in both folders. And yes, when i open "Device Manager" there's a little exclamation point in a yellow triangle next to the drives to show that there's an error.

To answer your question, i use AVG anti-virus free edition 2011. I think that's all.

One more thing: The help topic suggested that I should go to "Drive Parameters" and add a drive letter. I tried, and then it says "Applying new settings", but then nothing happens. I go on device parameters and it says "not set" as if i never added a letter, and it doesn't appear in "My Computer" either. I tried this with 3 different letter: E, J and Z. Same thing each time. I don't know what this means, but it's as if my computer doesn't want to make the changes. And it's not about having the permission cause i have an administrator account and i give permission every time.

Comment

Please run this Microsoft FixIt solution & reboot
            Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

Also check if you have a file infcache.1 in %systemroot%\inf or %systemroot%\System32\DriverStore folder.
            Remove it, then try again.

If everything fails please attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).
            Last edited by Terramex; 21.11.2011, 16:07.

Comment

Holy shit! I can't believe this worked. Not only did it fix daemon tools, but now my normal drive works as well! (Its been broken for a while now and It wouldin't work even when i got a new one). Thank you so much!

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X