Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can t install an ide drive with daemon tools pro 4.41

hi all
    I can t install a virtual ide disk drive with daemon tools pro 4.41 : when i clic on "add an ide disk drive", the program says that the sptd driver must be installed; when i clic on "ok" to install it, it says the computer must be rebooted; after the reboot, same thing : if i clic on "add an ide disk drive", the program says that the sptd driver must be installed, and so on.
    Any help please ?

Please specify your OS and DAEMON Tools version. Do you use any security software?

Comment

hello Sway

My OS is windows 7 64 bits
      i use Daemon tools pro advanced 4.41.0315.0262

i disable kaspersky antivirus and comodo firewall but it doesn't change anything

Comment

I had this problem today and I finally figured out what it was. For me it was Zone Alarm, and I'm 100% sure it was Zone Alarm as I repeated every step exactly. For you it might be a different firewall or anti-virus software. Here's what to do:

1. Uninstall Zone Alarm, reboot. I could find no other way, it's incredibly stubborn and no amount of trying to turn it off, even in safe mode, worked.
        2. Uninstall Daemon Tools, reboot.
        3. Get the SPTD driver from its website. DuplexSecure - Downloads Install it or update it, or if you're feeling nervous, uninstall it, reboot, install it, reboot again!
        4. Install Daemon Tools (don't have to reboot! :-O)
        5. You should now have no trouble installing the IDE drive.
        6. ONLY AFTER you have everything set up, should you put Zone Alarm or whatever back on your system. Zone Alarm is ready to pounce at any moment. I have rebooted with Zone Alarm reinstalled to confirm it didn't **** everything up later on.

You can check whether Daemon Tools recognises the presence of SPTD by going to HELP -> About. There it says what version is installed. It will say no version is installed if ZA has gotten in the way.

Comment

Originally Posted by gui13 View Post
          i disable kaspersky antivirus and comodo firewall but it doesn't change anything
          Disabling isn't enough. You have to tick the option which requires a system restart:
          General Setting | Comodo Internet Security | Comodo Internet Security Help
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Well, thanks guys for your help.
            I just uninstalled comodo firewall, i rebboted and ... the sptd driver were installed on reboot !!
            The problem was comodo firewall, you were right !!

Comment

Grrr. The IDE drive has disappeared. Zone Alarm, or perhaps AVG which I have installed now must have done something.

Comment

Another update. Forget all those steps I mention in my first reply! I had been at it for hours and lost track of what I was doing still working things out. Zone Alarm did eventually break the SPTD driver and my virtual IDE vanished.

Here is all you need to do:

1. No need to uninstall Daemon Tools. Leave it alone.
                2. Uninstall Zone Alarm or your other firewall. Anti Virus might conflict too, I don't know and AVG doesn't for me.
                3. Launch the SPTD installer and if it detects the driver already, just update and reboot.
                4. That's it! Worked right away.
                5. I don't know what to do about a firewall now. Windows firewall is working, but I feel naked without Zone Alarms overzealous feature creeping protection. Anyone know what exactly it is about Zone Alarm that breaks this? Can it be turned off separately?

Comment

You need to disable Zone Alarm Browser Security. If you are using ZoneAlarm Free, uninstall ZoneAlarm Toolbar or close IWSVC.exe using Task Manager.
                  Security software solutions | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                    Disabling isn't enough. You have to tick the option which requires a system restart:
                    General Setting | Comodo Internet Security | Comodo Internet Security Help
                    You are right, Terramex
                    if i reinstall comodo, the ide drive deseapears. but if i reinstall comodo and if i tick the "deactivate the defense + permanently" option, then the ide virtual drive works, without uninstalling comodo.

Comment

Working...
                    X